Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/8/2002 6:07:00 AM EDT
Seems like Pietro cheaped out. My new SS 92 has what looks like the dart from a cheap kids dartgun, with suction cup removed, for a recoil spring guide. I wonder if current M9s use that? I know Kel-Tec and Glock use 'em, but this caught me off guard. What next? Berettas made in China? And the locking block looks its home made with a hack saw...all machine marks.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 10:50:37 PM EDT
[#1]
As far as I know, the "dart gun" guide rod is standard.  If you're feeling worried about durability, Ernest Langdon(www.langdontactical.com/) sells:

LTT Stainless Guide Rod $24.00
LTT is making a solid stainless steel guide rod for the Beretta 92/96 series of handguns. These guide rods are made from solid 416 Stainless bar stock. These are a direct replacement for the stock Beretta recoil spring guide rod.  

I think the idea behind the current construction is to save weight.  If you're worried about it, you can upgrade with items like the above.  So far I've had no problems with it.

Viper Out

Edited to add a bracket.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 11:21:40 PM EDT
[#2]
On newer Berettas, safeties are made out of polymer too.  
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 6:05:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I suppose I can make a guide rod from a stainless bolt at work, 316, in my spare time. But that locking block is atrocious, all machine marks, everywhere! My safety (levers) are metal. Good cover story on Langdon in the June issue of Combat Handguns. Thanks guys!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top