Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2004 10:23:51 AM EDT
Alright - we all know who has Glock mags and AR mags cheap, how about Beretta mags?

They seem to be about $35 a mag - pre-ban prices. Anyone find somewhere cheaper for a factory/.mil magazine?

Av.

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:26:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't know about factory mags, but I've allways had good luck with the $9.99-$15.99 aftermarket mags from Sportsman's Guide and CDNN.

CDNN is having a big LEO mag special right now...

BERDLAW Beretta 92 9mm 15rd Magazine $19.99 USED

^ CDNN LEO Beretta mags....
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:34:28 AM EDT
[#2]
I flat out REFUSE to use aftermarket mags. Personal preference.  

I'll have to check on the Used LEO mags.

Av.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:16:24 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I agree completely, but I have to admit that I bought a couple of $10 aftermarket mags from CDNN, thinking that they would be good as range mags, where having jams is a good thing because it would let me practice TRB drills.  Unfortunately for my training they have been 100% reliable.  
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:59:57 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree completely, but I have to admit that I bought a couple of $10 aftermarket mags from CDNN, thinking that they would be good as range mags, where having jams is a good thing because it would let me practice TRB drills.  Unfortunately for my training they have been 100% reliable.  

A friend of mine gave me 6 or 8 SS aftermarket mags 4-5 yrs ago.  I thought the same thing..good range mags.  Never had a problem with them, or the 30 rd USA mags.  I only use the good stuff when it counts.
I also orederd a few of the CDNN used(like new) LEO mags for the 92, sig 226 and G17.  I still have 1/2 doz Pre-Ban 92 mags NIW. I guess I just keep them that way and use the used LEOs.

FB
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 2:55:18 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Alright - we all know who has Glock mags and AR mags cheap, how about Beretta mags?

They seem to be about $35 a mag - pre-ban prices. Anyone find somewhere cheaper for a factory/.mil magazine?

Av.

In the New SGN pg 28

$19.95 New GI 92 mags

www.amerisurp.net

NEVER heard of them...

I just cked the web page and they are not listed.

Here is a link to their contact page www.amerisurp.net/contact.htm

FB
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 4:34:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Part numbers for Mec-Gar mags:

92 15 rd blued:  MGPB9215B - Galati International $20.95

92 17 rd blued:  MGPB9217B - Galati International $22.95

92 20 rd blued:  MGPB9220B - Galati International $25.95
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 3:19:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Car-10,

Are those Galati mags actual factory Beretta (marked "PB") or Mec-gar?  Mec-gar is OK, but I don't want anything else that's after-market.

I need some standard caps for both a 92FS and 84FS and the Galati site looks good.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 3:27:04 PM EDT
[#8]
I will sell very slightly used OEM Beretta 15 round mags, $20 shipped.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:21:20 PM EDT
[#9]
that galati place is clueless on NY State law

New York State: No magazine above 17 rounds.

Any preban is legal here, regardless of capacity. Any post ban over 10 rounds is illegal
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 9:09:47 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Car-10,

Are those Galati mags actual factory Beretta (marked "PB") or Mec-gar?  Mec-gar is OK, but I don't want anything else that's after-market.

I need some standard caps for both a 92FS and 84FS and the Galati site looks good.

Definately Mec-Gar.

Very reliable.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 9:12:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Once things settle down, folks are just gonna have to accept $30+ Beretta mags.

They always were more expensive, like Browing and SiG mags.  It's the price we pay for quality and a name.  
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 9:06:54 AM EDT
[#12]
I don't know about civilians, but I have access to as many USGI M-9 mags as I need for $9.72/ea at our base supply store.

They don't have Beretta stamped on them, though.  They are made by some contractor in NY.

You should try and find someone who is active duty military and they can buy them at their base supply.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 9:12:34 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I don't know about civilians, but I have access to as many USGI M-9 mags as I need for $9.72/ea at our base supply store.

They don't have Beretta stamped on them, though.  They are made by some contractor in NY.

You should try and find someone who is active duty military and they can buy them at their base supply.

My post was in reference to the real deal, not aftermarket.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 9:33:17 AM EDT
[#14]
when you say "base supply store" do you mean the PX? or the clothing sales. in the Marines a lot of your issue gear could be purchased from clothing sales to replace what you lost and had to turn in.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 9:37:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 12:22:01 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My post was in reference to the real deal, not aftermarket.

I'm not sure what you mean by the "real deal"?

These mags are being issued every day to troops from the 3rd ACR and 10th Special Forces Group.   I assume if they are being used in battle, that qualifies as "real deal".

No?
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 12:30:11 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
TennVol, funny you should mention that.  I have a freind who is deploying to Iraq in January and I'm looking for factory mags because I was under the impression the mags guys are using now in the "sand box" and experiencing problems.  Anyone know if this is true?  TennVol, have you had any problems with your mags?

I am under the impression the factory mags and the Tawian military mags are the best, followed by Mec-Gar.  Is this true?  Thanks.

I don't own a Beretta, 92 series.  I get issued an M-9 when I deploy, but I haven't deployed in a while.

I have no first-hand experience with using these mags in an M-9 while in the AOR.  I only know they work just fine in the mountains of Colorado, where we do all of our qualifying on that weapon.  

I have a couple of friends who just got back from Iraq and they had no problems with the mags they were issued from the same supply source.

And to answer another question, here in CO we have base supply stores that go by the name of "Envision Express".  They are located at Ft Carson and Peterson AFB.  Anyone holding a valid military ID (AD, retired, or dependent) may make purchases in the store.  The store is a for profit enterprise being run by civilian contractors.  They only carry GSA approved items, in addition to other gee-whiz things, like M-16 and M-9 mags.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:33:17 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I think CHECKMATE has a contract for USGI M9 mags, but I could be wrong.

www.checkmateindustries.com/dynamic/p_arms.htm

FB
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top