Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2004 3:15:06 PM EDT
I used to carry one when I wore funny green clothes and worked for low pay for my rich Uncle Sam.  Today I ran across one in green finish and it really struck my fancy.

I was going to get one of Springfield Armory's GI Mil-spec 45's, but not I can't make up my mind.  

Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:40:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I got out of the funny green clothes in 1991. My dream pistol the whole time was a Beretta 92. In the spring  of 1994 I finally could afford one and I still own it. By all standards it is a well built pistol. Having said that, there are a few that I would purchase before it. Take a look at the HK P7M8, HK P2000, Springfield .45 Operator.

The fact is the Beretta is a great pistol, mine has fired several thousand rounds, no malfunctions that weren't my fault, and every kind of ammo you can imagine. It is now 10 years old. I've never had a part replaced, in fact I named it old faithful.

As a carry piece it is on the large side. I purchased a Galco shoulder holster for it and that seems to be the best way to carry it. I typically carry it in the fall and winter. Spring and summer is reserved for something smaller like the P7M8 or a Glock 26.

10 years later if I were to purchase a full size pistol I would take a hard look at a .45, but you could alway buy both :)

Good luck
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top