Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2010 1:09:19 PM EDT
Shooting my M9 a small 1/4" to 3/8" dowel rod fell out of it.......I cannot tell where it came from????  Anyone else have this issue...also when it fell out I had little plastic shavings on my hand and wrist.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:55:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Can you post a picture of it?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:38:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Field strip the pistol, check the recoil guide rod. See if it is in two pieces.

If in two pieces, replace with new one. Part #19 in picture.

Pictures please. If you broke the plastic guide rod, its the very first I have seen.

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=28280/Product/GUIDE_RECOIL_SPRING_92_96_COMBAT

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:20:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Get a metal replacement guide rod from Brownells and that won't happen no more.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:33:48 AM EDT
[#4]
I've already replaced the guide rod with a metal one.  I lost the little pin or rod whatever u call it now!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:41:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Is this piece that fell out metal or plastic?
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:43:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

It was metal it looks like part#78 on the diagram
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 1:13:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Please post pictures depicting the parts that fell out and or showing the areas of your M9 that is now missing parts or is damaged.

The part #78 is a set screw for a non-standard set-up. The metal guide rod is a hollow tube with a metal disk pinned on,,,did the pin holding the guide rod together fall out? Were the plastic shavings gunpowder residue or was something chewed up in the receiver?

HTH
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:33:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, that diagram posted above isn't for a 92FS/M9, go look here:  http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=0/sid=882/schematicsdetail/92_96_FS___D___M___22_Practice_Kit

It's obviously not your guide rod, but I just can't think of what pins could break and just fall out of the pistol.  Does it appear broken like it snapped in half or unbroken?  Is it hollow like a roll pin or solid?  What is the diameter of the pin?  Maybe the locking block plunger broke and worked it's way out somehow?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:29:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Please post pictures depicting the parts that fell out and or showing the areas of your M9 that is now missing parts or is damaged.

The part #78 is a set screw for a non-standard set-up. The metal guide rod is a hollow tube with a metal disk pinned on,,,did the pin holding the guide rod together fall out? Were the plastic shavings gunpowder residue or was something chewed up in the receiver?

HTH

Thats the problem I cant tell where it came from.  Ill get some good picture this weekend of the receiver and slide.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:30:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, that diagram posted above isn't for a 92FS/M9, go look here:  http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=0/sid=882/schematicsdetail/92_96_FS___D___M___22_Practice_Kit

It's obviously not your guide rod, but I just can't think of what pins could break and just fall out of the pistol.  Does it appear broken like it snapped in half or unbroken?  Is it hollow like a roll pin or solid?  What is the diameter of the pin?  Maybe the locking block plunger broke and worked it's way out somehow?

It was a hollow roll pin.  1/16" maybe diameter or smaller.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:41:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Hmmm, is it broken or whole?  And nothing else has fallen out?  Could maybe have been the roll pin that holds the locking block plunger.

Best advice is to contact Beretta and send the pistol and roll pin to them and have the pistol inspected and whatever part it is replaced.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:19:04 AM EDT
[#12]
The plastic shavings could be from broken grips.

Is it the ejector roll pin?  Part #34?

Maybe one of the roll pins that holds the right side safety together?

That, or the locking block roll pin.  Are there even any other hollow roll pins on these guns?  
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:54:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The plastic shavings could be from broken grips.

I'm wondering about a plastic trigger on the gun & the shavings & pin are from the trigger?
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 11:01:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Could be the trigger return spring pin that broke.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 11:31:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Could be the trigger return spring pin that broke.

There is no such part.  The trigger spring goes around the trigger pin ( a solid pin) and then one leg is up against the round leg of the trigger bar.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top