Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2010 7:55:35 PM EDT
Hey there, I've got a question about that P6 I bought a while back. The last few times I've shot it, the slide locks open instead of completing its cycle and chambering the next round.

It usually happens after I've fired 3-4 rounds from a full mag. I don't think its due to the pistol getting dirty or not being lubricated since it happens even when the gun is first being used that outting and its clean and lubed.

Got any ideas of what it could be? I've made sure that my thumb isn't accidentally hitting the slide lock...

Thoughts??
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 3:47:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Granted I don't have a P6 but my first thought would be a problem with the mags.
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 12:17:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Is the round getting stuck?
you may want to replace the Slide catch lever spring if is locking back
if it doesn't fully chamber maybe the recoil spring is bad?  Not a gunsmith sorry...

Here is Sigs suggested replacement plan based on rounds fired::

Barrel: If the pistol exhibits keyholing or unacceptable accuracy.
Decocking lever spring: 10,000
Extractor: 20,000
Extractor spring: 20,000
Firing pin: 20,000
Firing pin spring: 20,000
Magazine spring: When magazine fails to lock the slide open. *
Recoil spring: 5,000 †
Roll pins for breechblock retention (pins, HD): 5000
Safety lock spring: 20,000
Slide catch lever spring: 10,000
Takedown lever: 20,000
Trigger bar spring: 10,000
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 4:42:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Are you using SIG mags or PROMAGS? I just got some promags,and they slide in just a little deeper,causing the ejector/slide lock to raise up.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 8:25:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Pay the money for real Sig or Mec-Gar magazines & they will work. ProMag garbage isn't worth the powder to blow it up, and never will be. Even if you get lucky and it works at first, it won't continue to do so, they always turn into paperweights.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 5:25:21 PM EDT
[#5]
P6 promags... two thumbs down....
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:27:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Where are your thumbs?  Could your thumb be actuating the slide stop under recoil?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:31:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Shoot it left handed. If that solves the problem, then it IS your thumb position right handed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top