Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/19/2010 1:10:53 PM EDT
I acquired a P228 that based on the markings is from 1990 (KA).

Overall it is in good shape, the Grips and screws need to be replaced. It has a little ware on the Frame and from what I can see the internals look good. (but than again I am not a professional Gunsmith)
I am planning to send it to Sig to get it Serviced but wanted see what others think about the following issue with the Slide  

When the Magazine is not in the Gun and you shake it a little the Slide wobbles but when the Magazine is in it this does not happen. When I compared it to all the other Sig's I have - the P6 & P229 they do not have this issue.  
I am wondering if this is a Safety issue as I have not fired it yet and just want to make sure if I should just forget about shooting it and just sending it off as I had planned already. I am not able to see if there is any damage to the Slide or Frame. The previous owner used a Harrts Mercury Guide Rod in the Gun not sure if this may have had some effect on the Gun.

thank you very much for all the help and feedback anybody can provide me.

EDIT:

Just talked to a Guy at SIG and he told me that this is apparently normal for this GUN, He said nothing to worry about but to be sure after they do all the work they will Test it to make sure all is the way it supposed to be.

Link Posted: 7/19/2010 7:27:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Fantomas,

That is good news....keep us posted on when take her out to the range!

Mick
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 7:48:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Fantomas,

That is good news....keep us posted on when take her out to the range!

Mick

thanks again for your help with this that was very kind and much appreciated.

Link Posted: 7/20/2010 5:13:37 AM EDT
[#3]
OP's request..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top