Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/19/2010 6:56:16 AM EDT
I have owned a few 220s.  My carry is the best pistol I own.  I have a full size that shoots down and to the left and I can't figure out what the problem is.  Onlly thing I can think of is when I first got it I was shooting with some people and my idiot cousin shot a .40S&W speer gold dot out of it.  He picked up the wrong ammo and loaded it.  It fired but didn't cycle so only one round.  Would that effect it that badly?  Would a new barrel fix the issue?  Before you say anything my cousin is a cheap little terd and getting any money out of him would be alot of trouble and useless.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 8:39:19 AM EDT
[#1]
I dont think it would have caused a problem. If you can put it In a pistol rest and see how it does...
But i seriously doubt any damage was done.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 9:35:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 9:49:44 AM EDT
[#3]
A person can get used to a shitty trigger.  It may be causing your issue, or perhaps a broken pin.  Make a thorough evaluation of the trigger pressure.  

Remove the barrel and sight down the bore.  Anything look odd?
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 10:56:12 AM EDT
[#4]
This is the only pistol that gives me this problem.  It has the short reset trigger and I thing that could be a factor as well.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 2:17:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Don't worry about it.  Nothing is broken or damaged and the observation about shooting low/left is likley pure coincidence.

Check it by doing some braced shooting.  If it keeps a tight group shooting from a rest, you're good to go, just adjust your sights.

I saw a bunch of 9mm rounds shot through .40S&W barels when my department made the switch yeas ago.  Though I wouldn't recommend it on any regularity, nothing was ever perminently damaged.
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 6:20:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys I'll get on it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top