Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/20/2009 12:45:03 AM EDT
I'm having a hard time manually locking the slide of my new P226, I usually grab the front slide w/my left hand and engaging the slide stop release w/my right thumb while gripping the pistol. Racking the slide is quite stiff, though it had already 300 rds fired on it. I never had issues w/my P229 9mm DAK before and with my current X5. Any inputs?
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 8:16:42 AM EDT
[#1]
P226 recoil spring and stock mainspring are pretty stout.  My wife has a hard time racking my P226s (not implying anything here).  It should loosen up a bit with time.

One thing that helps me is locking the hammer down before I lock the slide––this way you're only fighting the recoil spring.  Of course, ALWAYS keep your finger off the trigger.

Front cocking serrations (SCT/BW) help too!  Otherwise I grip at the rear.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top