Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2009 8:41:53 PM EDT
March 10, 2009 I ordered a Sig P226 Elite Dark.
Didn't receive till today Saturday September 26, 2009.
That in itself is a long story.

Anyway, I go home to disassemble, clean and inspect.
The adjustable sights are poorly made. The rear sight had big burrs rolled up on the side and a piss poor paint/coating job. Not major, I took a file and cleaned up to my satisfaction. I will probably change the sights in the near future myself.

Then flipped the upper slide assembly over to remove the oil. The ground slide area that when cycling rides over the hammer is crap. It has been re-worked and looks like it was filed with a rock then polished. All the nitron has been removed (I know most will wear off anyway), the area is not close to being flat. Under the lights it's wavy and uneven. It has two larges dings/dents on the side of the rail. I'm in the metal working industry. I would never allow something that looked like this to go out the door. It reminds me of the bolts that are hand made with a file in Old Chinese AK's.

I'm so pissed. I will be calling Sig first thing Monday to send back.
The whole process on this gun has been one mess after another.

I will say this, the lower frame assy that's made in Germany is flawless. Too bad the whole gun is not made in Germany.

I'm going to give Sig the opportunity to make this right. While I'm not happy, and this should never have made it out the door, the important thing is how they make it right.
This will be my first dealings with Sig. I'm a Glock and 1911 man. I wanted something different so this is my first experience w/Sig. Not a good start.

Update 9/28/09
So far so good. Got an RMA and UPS shipping label from Sig.
Have it packaged up and ready to go. So far everything has been quick, efficient, and trouble/hassle free.

Update 10/8/2009
Received my firearm back today and I am very very pleased. The issues I had were cosmetic. Sig went way beyond. Not only with the quick response when I
called with a complaint but a quick turnaround with absolutely no hassles. Yes, this is how the firearm should have looked when it left the factory. I am in manufacturing and
things happen. Customer service is the key. Start to finish on my complaint was a total of 9 days. I shipped it and 9 days later it was returned.

Sig not only replaced the slide, they also replaced the sights. I didn't even complain about the sights to them. While they had it the Gunsmith by the name of James did a
complimentary adjustment and work on the trigger. It is silky smooth. Now to get to the range. Oh, Sig also fired 26 rounds through it to make sure it all worked properly.
So they not only fixed my complaint but even went further to make sure of my satisfaction.

Things happen I know. Yes I was upset upon receipt of the firearm, but Sig did the right thing and as a result won me over with customer service. I know that if I ever encounter a problem
it will be handled professionaly and quickly.

My hats of to Sig and especially those at Sig who worked on my firearm.
Great end results. Cannot wait to get to the range.

P.S. The firearm feels great, points great, and has a trigger pull to die for!
Link Posted: 9/26/2009 10:05:36 PM EDT
[#1]
http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/494106051
Good luck and thats terrible to have those problems on something new. After reading the bad posts too much I am moving on to HK. I hope you get a new slide ––and sights.
Link Posted: 9/27/2009 2:59:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Looks like someones Dremel tool,got away from them!
Link Posted: 9/27/2009 3:41:35 AM EDT
[#3]

I hope you get it worked out. That looks like crap.
Link Posted: 9/27/2009 4:28:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Avenger, when you call Sig, ask for Victoria Martin in Customer Service., and talk nice.  I hear she is the only person you will ever need to talk to at Sig.
Link Posted: 9/27/2009 7:39:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Avenger, when you call Sig, ask for Victoria Martin in Customer Service., and talk nice.  I hear she is the only person you will ever need to talk to at Sig.

Thanks for the information. I will ask for her.

Link Posted: 9/27/2009 7:44:19 AM EDT
[#6]
thats a real suprise....I own several Sigs, that must have escaped quality control, let us know how customer treated ya' i have allways had positive results with SIG
Link Posted: 9/27/2009 8:24:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Some of the German x-5 models just over a grand are worth looking at if you get in the 1300––1400 price range. I would have your dealer send that back and ask for a replacement . ––entire pistol.
Link Posted: 9/27/2009 9:03:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Suspicious looking, I do not think Sig would let that obvious damage leave their factory.
Link Posted: 9/27/2009 10:01:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Suspicious looking, I do not think Sig would let that obvious damage leave their factory.
+1 it looks off like it was tampered with; did you dremel your slide?

Link Posted: 9/27/2009 10:27:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Can't wait to hear how this turns out....
Link Posted: 9/27/2009 11:08:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Hope it works out well for you!

Link Posted: 9/27/2009 11:40:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Man best of luck to you hope it goes in your favor
Link Posted: 9/27/2009 11:58:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Hang tight, there's a pack of SIG fans here who will tell you that you're just seeing things, SIG's are all perfect.
Link Posted: 9/27/2009 12:02:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why would I dremel a new expensive gun?
I picked it up Saturday went home took it out of the plastic, removed the blue band from the grip, wiped the oil off, fixed
the sight, disassembled, took pictures and then put it back together and put it in the case.

This is how I received it.

Link Posted: 9/27/2009 12:45:52 PM EDT
[#15]

that stinks

i got a CPO sig that was pretty much flawless with just some minor wear.

keep us updated as to how sig treats you.

Link Posted: 9/27/2009 12:58:40 PM EDT
[#16]
I wonder if that would effect how the gun functions? Not that it matters, I would expect better on a new gun. I have had good experiences with Sig customer service so you should be in good hands. Keep us updated.
Link Posted: 9/27/2009 3:57:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/27/2009 5:58:09 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hang tight, there's a pack of SIG fans here who will tell you that you're just seeing things, SIG's are all perfect.

Just like the nay sayers that repeat what the "experts" say...

Move along, there's nothing to see here.

Link Posted: 9/28/2009 4:02:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/28/2009 4:25:35 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Just like the nay sayers that repeat what the "experts" say...

Move along, there's nothing to see here.

You post the same stuff over an over. You have made your point. You are no better than the General Discussion trolls.
I have a POS Bushmaster that was fucked up from the factory. They refused to fix it. While I will never own another piece of shit "Crapmaster", I'm not in their forum everyday whining about it like you are here in the Sig forum, opining what the so called "experts" say.

Give it a rest.

You are right. Nothing to see here, just like your posts. You want to continue this, feel free to IM me..I'm not going to hijack the OP's thread anymore.

OP-sorry for the hijack of your thread.

And you are.....who?
Link Posted: 9/28/2009 6:31:04 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why would I dremel a new expensive gun?

I picked it up Saturday went home took it out of the plastic, removed the blue band from the grip, wiped the oil off, fixed

the sight, disassembled, took pictures and then put it back together and put it in the case.

This is how I received it.

It appears from the picture it was struck by some type of punch or other hard object.  Hard to say exactly.  I just can not see SIG quality control letting this out.  I sincerely hope this works out well for you and I hope you keep us updated.  

Link Posted: 9/28/2009 6:34:47 PM EDT
[#22]

Update 9/28/09

Have it packaged up and ready to go. So far everything has been quick, efficient, and trouble/hassle free.

Good to hear that everything is working out so far. Keep us updated!

Link Posted: 9/29/2009 1:33:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Update 9/28/09

Good to hear that everything is working out so far. Keep us updated!

Yep, sounds like they're handling things well, so far.
Link Posted: 9/29/2009 11:44:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Another of many fine examples of how Sig absolutely sucks these days. Why anyone spends money with them is beyond me! Good luck getting your new pistol repaired properly. Just be ready to send it back a half dozen times till they get it right.......if ever.
Link Posted: 9/29/2009 12:21:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Another of many fine examples of how Sig absolutely sucks these days. Why anyone spends money with them is beyond me! Good luck getting your new pistol repaired properly. Just be ready to send it back a half dozen times till they get it right.......if ever.

Don't let Dog1 hear you talking like that!

I sent my 556 back to SIG before it ever fired a shot, due to it being shipped broken from the factory. The most basic function check would have and should have caught it. Did they fix it? They sure did. So far so good, but a weapon in that price range that ships broken from the factory, and this isn't an issolated example, is inexcusable.

As stated before, they're riding the coat tails of their formerly well earned reputation....but still serving the coolaid, which is evident in this thread and many others.
Link Posted: 9/29/2009 12:37:59 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Another of many fine examples of how Sig absolutely sucks these days.
Why anyone spends money with them is beyond me! Good luck getting your new pistol repaired properly. Just be ready to send it back a half dozen times till they get it right.......if ever.

When you mass produce things (especially those that require precision machining like weapons) there are bound to be screw-ups.

I am far less concerned with their ability to make EVERY gun to perfect exacting tolerances than their willingness to remedy

the situation when the need arises. SIG has always seemed to have above average customer service.

Link Posted: 9/29/2009 2:13:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/29/2009 7:28:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't let Dog1 hear you talking like that!

I sent my 556 back to SIG before it ever fired a shot, due to it being shipped broken from the factory. The most basic function check would have and should have caught it. Did they fix it? They sure did. So far so good, but a weapon in that price range that ships broken from the factory, and this isn't an issolated example, is inexcusable.

As stated before, they're riding the coat tails of their formerly well earned reputation....but still serving the coolaid, which is evident in this thread and many others.

I'm so glad to see you are still trolling the "Sig sucks" threads. Is SkagSig40 your other account?[img]http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/smiley_smartass.gif[/img][img]http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/icon_smile_wink.gif[/img]

Like all brands, they have their ups and downs. Hell, they sent me the wrong part 4 times. Do they need to step up their service? Yes. As for their quality with the newer made P200 series, I can only attest to my experience with my P220 Carry, which has been 100%, now with 1500 rounds through it in .45 and 2000+ rounds in .22lr.

As for the "experts" and their thoughts on Sigs quality, well opinions are like...[img]http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/icon_smile_wink.gif[/img]

You have your thoughts, I have mine and we can leave it at that.[img]http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif[/img]

No, I'm my own man.
I was the biggest Sig fan on this board at one time. I argued with a lot of guys when they dissed Sig. I read all the bad reports and did not believe them till it happened to me many times over inthe past several years. I bought 4 new Sigs(220, 220 compact, 239 and a 229ST) and allof them could not make it through a mag without a malfunction. 3 were sent back and never fixed properly even after repeat trips. Sig is living off their old reputation plain and simple. At our range we got half dozen Mosquito's and all were broken in under well under a few thousand rounds. 2 556's broke and lots of classic pistols were sent back(all rental guns). Not one Glock, HK, XD, or M&P had a problem.
Needless to say I woke up and stopped drinking the kool-aid. Ever since Rob Choen took over back in 2004 Sig has been dying a slow death. If I ever see Ronny Boy in person I'd like to punch him in the face for destroying the once great Sig. At least I have lots of old Sigs to play with.
Link Posted: 9/30/2009 10:17:47 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Quoted:

When you mass produce things (especially those that require precision machining like weapons) there are bound to be screw-ups.
I am far less concerned with their ability to make EVERY gun to perfect exacting tolerances than their willingness to remedy
the situation when the need arises. SIG has always seemed to have above average customer service.

Sig never had these problems on their mass produced pistols a few years back. Now they are. Why? Because they are cutting corners to make more money at the expence of poor quality.
Link Posted: 9/30/2009 10:37:17 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Sig never had these problems on their mass produced pistols a few years back. Now they are. Why? Because they are cutting corners to make more money at the expence of poor quality.

100% correct. Some here claim that since SIG built a new manufacturing facility, that must equal the same high quality they formerly delivered...it does not. It means more product, which has nothing to do with QC.

Shit, with the whining that goes on here from the cool aid drinkers you'd think I've said their products suck, that I hate SIG...none of which I've ever stated. Shit, I SBRed a 566 earlier this year. I've owned or still own several SIG's, some of which are among my favorite firearms. I simply backed up may statements with supporting opinions from people far, far more knowledgable than myself or anyone else posting in this thread, but since we now have "experts" by simply virtue of owning a few SIG's, you can't tell these guys anything. More whining, more moaning. Frankly, blind brand loyalty very likely may mean a lot more to them then it does to me. If their basis for buying guns differs from mine, great, have iat it....makes no difference to me. None.

SIG still makes a snappy product a lot of the time. The problem is that "under the hood" there have been significant shortcuts for creating a higher margin at the expense of QC. I have experienced it, so have many, many others. Ron Cohen is flat out the yardstick by which these changes at SIG has occured.

To suggest that is bullshit is to flat out not understand or simply be unwilling to "get it". All bitching, whining and moaning aside, the SIG of today is not the same quality as the same compnay of a few years ago. The end.
Link Posted: 10/1/2009 10:06:16 AM EDT
[#31]
I certainly am glad I purchased my 226 10 yrs ago.
Link Posted: 10/1/2009 11:03:10 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I certainly am glad I purchased my 226 10 yrs ago.

Arguably one of the finest 9mm's ever produced. That's the gun the reputation was built on.
Link Posted: 10/1/2009 2:29:55 PM EDT
[#33]
OP, I look forward to any updates.

A few months back I bought a used P226R that was manufactured in '07. I've yet to have any issues with it, and consider it one of the finest pistols I've ever owned/fired.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top