Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2009 2:21:05 PM EDT
With Sig's cash for clunker deal, I was thinking about getting a new 226 in .40.  I didn't have any luck with my local dealers but one does have a couple of factory refurbished 229s in .40 right now for $550.  Sig customer service told me this doesn't qualify for the rebate since it's not new.  I haven't gone over to see them yet since he's only doing business by appointment right now but is this a good deal?  

This will be just another addition to my collection of shooters but it may do some time as a concealed carry piece.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 2:38:50 PM EDT
[#1]
yes, I really like mine, and got it for about the same price.
probably the best deal you will find for a sig.

they also don't last for very long in the gun shops.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 6:12:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Heck, I don't have the money and I'd still pick that up!

As long as it is in good quality its deff worth 550 bucks even if you cant get the rebate
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 7:50:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
yes, I really like mine, and got it for about the same price.
probably the best deal you will find for a sig.

they also don't last for very long in the gun shops.

This.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 8:14:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I had a CPO 229 9mm that had about 2500 rounds from me through it, and an unknown number through it from the previous owner/user. My significant other got a hold of it and decided it was hers, and she had the pick of all of my handguns. I had the mag release switched to left hand for her and then had the pistol refinished, and she has hammered another 1900 rounds through it. Its still ticking right along, not one problem to date.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:52:33 AM EDT
[#5]
That's a good price.  A couple of weeks ago, Impact Guns had your choice of P226R or P229R in .40 w/3 mags for $599.95.  These were clean used pistols, but not refurbished.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:02:43 AM EDT
[#6]
My 229 is a refurbished gun, too. I traded in a Taurus PT145 for it. With the rise of gun prices, they actually gave me for the Taurus very nearly what  I'd paid for it. The 229 is a heavier gun, but I like it that way.

GL

Just say NO to plastic guns.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top