Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2009 3:11:36 AM EDT

Are they thinner than the Hogue wrap around after market grips?

If so, Anyone have an extra set they trade some for?
Link Posted: 8/31/2009 4:53:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Thinner than Hogue rubbers, not as thin as Hogue G10 or aluminum.  Most wood grips I believe are thicker than factory.
Link Posted: 8/31/2009 6:48:13 AM EDT
[#2]
+1

The only grips thinner than the factory plastic I've found are Hogue G10 or aluminum.  The Hogue (non-wraparound) grip panels are significantly  thicker than factory plastic.
Link Posted: 8/31/2009 2:29:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I tried a couple different wooden grips on my P229 but sold them for the same Hogue rubber grip panels I used years ago. (NOT wrap around) They aren't as pretty as the walnut or Equinox grips but fit much better than the wood grips and are about the same thickness as the stock plastic grips but feel MUCH better to me. The package just says P228/P229 .40/9mm. They use the factory grips screws and look almost identical except for the rubber coating.
Link Posted: 8/31/2009 3:45:31 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

+1

The only grips thinner than the factory plastic I've found are Hogue G10 or aluminum.  The Hogue (non-wraparound) grip panels are significantly  thicker than factory plastic.

You think so?

Mine feel about the same to me.

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 8:56:11 AM EDT
[#5]
I have Hogue rubber grip on my Sig 229 and on my Beretta 92 because they are thicker and fit my hand better.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 1:46:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I had the hogue finger groove grips on my 226 but they felt a little too big so I switched to the hogue grip panels and it was much better.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top