Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/5/2009 7:08:55 PM EDT
With tax and everything i paid $946.00 out the door. I cant wait to get this bad boy to the range. Too bad i have to wait a month to pick the gun up! Does anybody know if wolf 9mm will run through this without a problem, i usually stick to american eaglem 124gr, but ammo is still up their. Any suggestrions.
Thanks-
Frank
Link Posted: 8/5/2009 7:25:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Geezus. That is the most I have ever heard someone paying for a P228. I should have asked more for mine...

Enjoy it!
Link Posted: 8/5/2009 8:14:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Well whats done is done I usually don't comment on prices after the fact but man who ever sold you that gun just RAPED you!
I paid $400 for my Used P228 and I paid $730 shipped for my P228 M11

its a sweet gun and will eat any 9mm ammo you feed it just lube her and clean her! (post some pics of your new toy!!!! here are mine!)

Link Posted: 8/6/2009 12:14:11 AM EDT
[#3]
He didnt get raped he just paid a dealer what a dealer should be making off of these guns. As a dealer if you are not a "significant first tier dealer" and you only order this one gun from sig or RSR or some other distributor cost right now on a new 228 is $740 and that doesnt even include shipping.So figure $770 cost to the dealer.Now remember he said tax and everything and he is in New York so tax is probably 10 or 11%.Then add whatever New York charges for call ins and whatever other bullshit charges they have in place in liberal ass NY.So I would be willing to bet that the dealer was lucky if he made $100 most likely closer to $50 when you consider at a very minium $80 sales tax. There really is not much money in selling guns these days. What is sad is the distributors are making more per gun than your local gun store and the gun store doesnt sell 1% of the volume they do. I guess we could sell for msrp but we wouldnt sell anything when you consider an elite msrp's for $1300.
Link Posted: 8/6/2009 12:26:25 AM EDT
[#4]
you SHOLD NOT run wolf through a firearm like that. wolf is junk! and i would NEVER run it throught a pistol EVER AGAIN (after it broke my friends glock) wolf is CRAP
Link Posted: 8/6/2009 1:33:03 AM EDT
[#5]
That's one hell of a price! Glad you got a good gun, though!
Link Posted: 8/6/2009 1:59:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Enjoy your 228!  Mine is my favorite pistol I own.
Link Posted: 8/7/2009 6:20:28 PM EDT
[#7]
$946.00! I don't mean to pile on but "ouch!"  I've heard mixed things about Wolf, but I've never used it.  I have used the following in my 228 without issue:

Federal Hi Shok
Speer Gold Dot
Remington Golden Saber
Black Hills
Link Posted: 8/12/2009 6:09:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Don't feel bad about the price.  It's a good gun you'll enjoy for years.

I cringe when I think of what I've gotten for a trade in price for some used guns I didn't want to try and sell.
Link Posted: 8/13/2009 3:38:22 AM EDT
[#9]
I'll jump on the ammo bandwagon. Stay away from Wolf with this pistol. She's a fine tuned Mustang with a supercharger, why put 89 octane in it? Federal and Remington make up my ready to shoot cache of 9mm lugar rounds.
Link Posted: 9/3/2009 5:36:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
He didnt get raped he just paid a dealer what a dealer should be making off of these guns. As a dealer if you are not a "significant first tier dealer" and you only order this one gun from sig or RSR or some other distributor cost right now on a new 228 is $740 and that doesnt even include shipping.So figure $770 cost to the dealer.Now remember he said tax and everything and he is in New York so tax is probably 10 or 11%.Then add whatever New York charges for call ins and whatever other bullshit charges they have in place in liberal ass NY.So I would be willing to bet that the dealer was lucky if he made $100 most likely closer to $50 when you consider at a very minium $80 sales tax. There really is not much money in selling guns these days. What is sad is the distributors are making more per gun than your local gun store and the gun store doesnt sell 1% of the volume they do. I guess we could sell for msrp but we wouldnt sell anything when you consider an elite msrp's for $1300.

That's exactly what I was thinking.  It's nice when you can find a good deal on a lightly used gun you are looking for but that rarely happens.

To the OP:  Buy lots of mags for it!  That's what I do any time I get a new pistol.
Link Posted: 9/3/2009 9:37:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Wow that's a lot of money!

It's a great pistol though, hope you enjoy it!

Link Posted: 9/4/2009 8:41:28 AM EDT
[#12]
It will run Wolf just fine.

I ran 600 rounds through my 226 in a one-day handgun class with no ammo related issues.

If Wolf is what you have, just use it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 8:52:35 AM EDT
[#13]
I've used Wolfe in my 229, Beretta 92, Glock 21, Springfield XD45, Springfield XDM 40, Glock 30, Glock 17 and have not had one problem!
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 10:32:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Congrats on ur purchase you wont be disappointed
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 11:20:08 AM EDT
[#15]
LOL

Quoted:

you SHOLD NOT run wolf through a firearm like that. wolf is junk! and i would NEVER run it throught a pistol EVER AGAIN (after it broke my friends glock) wolf is CRAP

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:38:13 PM EDT
[#16]
I have been looking for a 228R here in AZ.  $840.00 is the best price I have seen. That is not including night sights or tax.  I'm getting ready to bite the bullet and get one this week.  If anyone knows of any deals please let me know.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:59:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I have been looking for a 228R here in AZ.  $840.00 is the best price I have seen. That is not including night sights or tax.  I'm getting ready to bite the bullet and get one this week.  If anyone knows of any deals please let me know.

I paid $845 for mine a few months back.  Figured it was the last chance to get a new P228.   Didn't really care about the rail.   The only real dissapointment was one mag instead of two included.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top