Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2009 2:58:45 PM EDT
I traded an AR lower for this Sig but I have the option to take $500 cash instead. Its a Sig SP2022 and comes with the box, an extra backstrap/grip, 2 12round mags, 1 10 round mag.

So what to do? Cash or Sig? My thought is I can take the cash and buy any gun I want, especially since it seems these sell for less than $500.

Thanks for the help :) If you say take the cash what would you buy instead? I'm willing to throw down about $150 on another gun. AR stuff is also an option since I have a few lowers sitting around.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 3:01:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Cash is king.  I like that gun (in all black) but have read too many mixed reviews on it.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 3:07:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Cash is king.  I like that gun (in all black) but have read too many mixed reviews on it.

Seems like no many people on here own it. I've read things about it elsewhere, but its not something I ever would have sought out myself. I already have a Walther P99 in .40cal soo I don't really need this and if I am to have a Sig it would seem like a P226 or P220 or something would be the more logical choice.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 3:13:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seems like no many people on here own it. I've read things about it elsewhere, but its not something I ever would have sought out myself. I already have a Walther P99 in .40cal soo I don't really need this and if I am to have a Sig it would seem like a P226 or P220 or something would be the more logical choice.

I would get the cash and look for a P229 in 40 for a $150-$200 more or locate a P6 in the $375-$425 range. I have heard less than stellar reviews also. But thats me...
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 3:27:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah I'd like to get a Sig I can throw some Nills grips on.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:18:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Cash.

Metal SIGs rule, polymer SIGs fail.

If you want a good polymer pistol get a Glock 19.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:35:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I would take the cash.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:38:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Cash.

Metal SIGs rule, polymer SIGs fail.

If you want a good polymer pistol get a Glock 19.  XD

Fixed it for ya

I'm a Sig guy and I would say take the cash.  Get a metal Sig or a better polymer pistol.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:46:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Hummmmm......

I too am a "Sig" fanatic! I have 10 "P" series sigs
I am looking to buy a SP2022 b/c I've been reading such rave reviews about it!
Honestly for a used 2022 $500 is kinda steep!  I'd take the cash and get a P226 CPO for $550-$590 range.

You can get a decent used SP2022 for low $400's
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:32:52 PM EDT
[#9]
.I have one, great pistol. The BEST factory sig trigger I have shot (I own 5 sigs, but have not shot an SRT yet)/
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:06:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Take the cash and get another upper for one of your lowers

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:31:26 PM EDT
[#11]
The 250 may Fail but not the 2022.  It is the most underrated Sig on the market.  Everybody that shoots mine loves it.  Out of the box it is crazy accurate.  I have owned (past tense) metal Sigs and they were great guns.  But the 2022 hands down has the smoothest trigger and feels great.  Someone stated there are mixed reviews.  Out of all of the research I did, I was hard pressed to find anything negative.  I would take the 2022 and call it a day.  I like the silver slide.  You can never have too many hi-cap pistols.  Mine stays in my nightstand with a SureFire X300 on the front of it.  It replaces my Kimber as the SHTF house gun.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 9:33:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The 250 may Fail but not the 2022.  It is the most underrated Sig on the market.  Everybody that shoots mine loves it.  Out of the box it is crazy accurate.  I have owned (past tense) metal Sigs and they were great guns.  But the 2022 hands down has the smoothest trigger and feels great.  Someone stated there are mixed reviews.  Out of all of the research I did, I was hard pressed to find anything negative.  I would take the 2022 and call it a day.  I like the silver slide.  You can never have too many hi-cap pistols.  Mine stays in my nightstand with a SureFire X300 on the front of it.  It replaces my Kimber as the SHTF house gun.

Yeah I've never seen another one with the silver slide in .40s&w
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:45:12 AM EDT
[#13]
I'd take the cash, prefer metal Sigs...
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:16:06 AM EDT
[#14]
I had one Identical to yours in .40

Loved the way it looked and felt but it had so much muzzle flip.
I don't know if because it was plastic framed or because the bore axis is so high.

I did love the trigger. If it was the only thing I had I'm sure it would be fine but there were others I could shoot more accurately so I sold it.

If it was a 9mm it might have been manageable but I have not shot one of those.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:08:13 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm getting rid of it tomorrow. I'm taking the cash or a possible trade.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:17:21 PM EDT
[#16]
I like the sig pro, but 500 is too much cash to pass up.  I checked about 2 weeks ago and cdnn is sellin this exact gun for 460.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:25:47 PM EDT
[#17]
So I sold the Sig SP2022 today for $500 (rather I gave it back to the guy and he gave me cash instead). I shot it and it wasn't to my liking.............HOWEVER!!!!

I shot a Sig P229 .40cal, along with many other tricked to the max 1911's, including some with optics. My verdict??

I feel like selling all the guns I own and buying Sigs!!!!

I am a total Sig lover! I must have a Sig P229. I also must assume that all other Sigs are awesome as well (all metal framed ones at least) and need them too.

LONG LIVE SIG!!!!

This was my first Sig experience and I can't say enough good things.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:37:29 PM EDT
[#18]
So I sold the Sig SP2022 today for $500 (rather I gave it back to the guy and he gave me cash instead). I shot it and it wasn't to my liking.............HOWEVER!!!!

I shot a Sig P229 .40cal, along with many other tricked to the max 1911's, including some with optics. My verdict??

I am a total Sig lover! I must have a Sig P229. I also must assume that all other Sigs are awesome as well (all metal framed ones at least) and need them too.

LONG LIVE SIG!!!!

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would get the cash and look for a P229 in 40 for a $150-$200 more or locate a P6 in the $375-$425 range. I have heard less than stellar reviews also. But thats me...

Let me be the first to say..."I told you so!!"  If you don't believe me see above.....
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 10:37:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

LONG LIVE SIG!!!!

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let me be the first to say..."I told you so!!"  If you don't believe me see above.....

Yeah you did, you called that one. Well let me say thanks, and I definitely respect your opinion because it is the correct opinion

Now to find my P229! Any advice people? CPO? New? Used? Stolen? Any variation or such I should look for?

I can't understand why I keep hearing people talk about how Sig is garbage now and how they used to be good and blah blah blah.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 9:55:02 AM EDT
[#20]
My carry gun is a 228, but if I was going to get a 229 my dream one is a P229 SAS Gen. 2, .40S&W, T-Tone, SigLite Night Sights, DA/SA, SRT.  TGS has them, they're a little high, but they're in stock.

Link Posted: 6/18/2009 11:17:41 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Seems like no many people on here own it.

I own one.

It is my favorite handgun to shoot. Accurate, great trigger (after dry firing 500 times), short
reset on the trigger. It makes me look like I really know what I'm doing when I shoot with it.
No malfunctions of any kind so far with WWB, Fiocchi, and 147gr Gold Dots. I will probably
pick another as a spare someday.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top