Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/12/2009 2:12:26 PM EDT
Found a dealer that has 226 Blackwater Tact for $969.00  Wanted just a regular BW, but could only find those around for $996.00.  $969 a good deal for the Tact?
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 4:00:16 PM EDT
[#1]
what is the major reason you want the Blackwater?
If it were me I'd get a P226 CPO for mid $500's
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 6:08:23 AM EDT
[#2]
that seems about the going rate so its not a "good deal" why do you want the blackwater?

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 9:23:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Found a dealer that has 226 Blackwater Tact for $969.00  Wanted just a regular BW, but could only find those around for $996.00.  $969 a good deal for the Tact?

Very similar to the price I saw on one yesterday at the local funshop –– $995.00.

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 9:33:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Mainly for all the "little" stuff that goes with the BW Tac, not for the BW name.  Found that the SCT is practically the same and I don't have to pay extra for the BW name.  So I'm going to try to find one of those in the area.  I would get a CPO 226, but there are none in my area.  Hell I had to drive for 2 hours today just to hold a BW Tac and see if I liked it.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 10:26:22 AM EDT
[#5]
There is a place you can find any type of gun you may have heard of it before its called...............

The INTERNET

If you need some reputable sites PM me....  I can have a 226 CPO to your FFL shipped for $545ish
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 10:49:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
There is a place you can find any type of gun you may have heard of it before its called...............

The INTERNET

If you need some reputable sites PM me....  I can have a 226 CPO to your FFL shipped for $545ish

Oh SHIT! The Internet?  WTF is the Internet?  My 8 yrs of experience as a network admin has let me down once again.  DAMN YOUS INTERNET!!! DAMN YOUS!!! /sarcasm off

I appreciate the help, but I refuse to buy a gun unless I can pick it up, hold it and inspect it fully before buying it.  I understand that they are certified by Sig and blah blah blah.  But to me that would be like buying a certified pre-owned car before test driving it.  I know some companies will let me send the gun back if I don't like it, but I'd rather not play those games.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:34:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The INTERNET

Oh SHIT! The Internet?  WTF is the Internet?  My 8 yrs of experience as a network admin has let me down once again.  DAMN YOUS INTERNET!!! DAMN YOUS!!! /sarcasm off

I appreciate the help, but I refuse to buy a gun unless I can pick it up, hold it and inspect it fully before buying it.  I understand that they are certified by Sig and blah blah blah.  But to me that would be like buying a certified pre-owned car before test driving it.  I know some companies will let me send the gun back if I don't like it, but I'd rather not play those games.

This is the lesson I just learned...  Although with the craziness it's hard to find high demand guns (I just picked up the P226R SCT myself).

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 10:40:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The INTERNET

This is the lesson I just learned...  Although with the craziness it's hard to find high demand guns (I just picked up the P226R SCT myself).

lol you lucky bastard.  Grats on actually finding an awesome gun

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:56:44 PM EDT
[#9]
You need to sandbag that ideal of "I want to hold it" junk!  Holding a gun does not ensure you that it is a "solid and sound" piece.
all but 2 of my handguns have been purchased through the internet and "knock on wood" have been stellar deals!

let me show you some sweet finds.......

$625 shipped P229R .40 Factory Reverse Two Tone (rare) only had 100 rounds down the pipe

P228 $400 shipped well used but sweet pistol

P226R ST Elite $700 shipped only had 200 rounds down the pipe

P229R ST Elite $800 w/ CTC grips

My best pick up yet... P229R Dark Elite .40 for $700 shipped down to $550 shipped after I sold all the extras
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:47:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The INTERNET

lol you lucky bastard.  Grats on actually finding an awesome gun

Thanks!  GB via local dealer if you can believe it.  Their GB price was better than their in store price...
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 12:48:05 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

You need to sandbag that ideal of "I want to hold it" junk!  Holding a gun does not ensure you that it is a "solid and sound" piece.

all but 2 of my handguns have been purchased through the internet and "knock on wood" have been stellar deals!

$625 shipped P229R .40 Factory Reverse Two Tone (rare) only had 100 rounds down the pipe

http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp86/MauiWowie22/My%20Guns/P229RTTlogo.jpg

http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp86/MauiWowie22/My%20Guns/P228Title.jpg

http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp86/MauiWowie22/My%20Guns/P226STElite1a.jpg

http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp86/MauiWowie22/My%20Guns/P229STEliteCTC.jpg

My best pick up yet... P229R Dark Elite .40 for $700 shipped down to $550 shipped after I sold all the extras

http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp86/MauiWowie22/My%20Guns/P229REliteNitron1.jpg

That's a fine looking collection that you've got there!

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:47:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp86/MauiWowie22/My%20Guns/P229RTTlogo.jpg

http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp86/MauiWowie22/My%20Guns/P228Title.jpg

http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp86/MauiWowie22/My%20Guns/P226STElite1a.jpg

http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp86/MauiWowie22/My%20Guns/P229STEliteCTC.jpg

http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp86/MauiWowie22/My%20Guns/P229REliteNitron1.jpg

You're right, holding it doesn't ensure it will be a solid and sound piece, but I will still be able to see any little marks/imperfections/yada yada yada and anything wrong with the gun if I didn't see it when I bought it would be my fault.  Pardon me if I have lost my sense of trust for my fellow man, but I've seen way too many bad things happen.  LIke my buddy who lost 5k on a scam online when trying to sell his bike.  Or the guy up in Jacksonville that sold shit on Ebay and didn't send the items out and now lots of people are hunting him down.  Yeah, that guy just kind of disappeared after getting the money.  Kind of funny though, I found his address and phone number and sent him a nice email explaining what would happen if I were to not get a refund, and no I did not threaten him physically.  Only place I would buy a gun from online would be a place like Bud's Gun Shop or something similar.

Your 229R RTT is frickin sweet lookin though.  100 rounds and that color might be worth taking a chance.
Either way, I'm looking for a 229 with a rail.  I would prefer an SCT or an Equinox.  Equinox would be preferable.  Found one at an awesome price and didn't pull the trigger.  Now it's gone.  

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:03:05 PM EDT
[#13]

You're right, holding it doesn't ensure it will be a solid and sound
piece, but I will still be able to see any little
marks/imperfections/yada yada yada and anything wrong with the gun if I
didn't see it when I bought it would be my fault. Pardon me if I have
lost my sense of trust for my fellow man, but I've seen way too many
bad things happen. LIke my buddy who lost 5k on a scam online when
trying to sell his bike. Or the guy up in Jacksonville that sold shit
on EBay and didn't send the items out and now lots of people are
hunting him down. Yeah, that guy just kind of disappeared after getting
the money. Kind of funny though, I found his address and phone number
and sent him a nice email explaining what would happen if I were to not
get a refund, and no I did not threaten him physically. Only place I
would buy a gun from online would be a place like Bud's Gun Shop or
something similar.

Your 229R RTT is firkin sweet looking though.  100 rounds and that color might be worth taking a chance.

Either way, I'm looking for a 229 with a rail. I would prefer an
SCT or an Equinox. Equinox would be preferable. Found one at an awesome
price and didn't pull the trigger. Now it's gone.

You've got to do what you are comfortable with, but I haven't even HEARD of many people who have had a bad experience when buying [guns] online or sight unseen. I don't know, maybe gun people are just more honest than your typical EBay scum. Of course, I know that this is true in most areas [lawful] firearm owners commit less crime, and are generally more pleasant to be around. I guess this applies to online sales as well!

MAX
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 12:25:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

You've got to do what you are comfortable with, but I haven't even HEARD of many people who have had a bad experience when buying [guns] online or sight unseen. I don't know, maybe gun people are just more honest than your typical EBay scum. Of course, I know that this is true in most areas [lawful] firearm owners commit less crime, and are generally more pleasant to be around. I guess this applies to online sales as well!

MAX

Too bad that doesn't work for the gun store owners in this area that I deal with face to face.  Bunch of money grubbing bastards.  I was told I could not get a gun transfered at a couple of stores because they are able to order them...but I would have to wait AT LEAST 6 months if not longer.  I looked at the guy and said and I quote "Are you fucking serious?  What kind of customer service is that?"  I got the answer, "The kind we can give around here."  Says, all the stores have an "agreement" that if you can find it locally you can't get it transfered in from another store.  I could understand if they had one sitting in the case ready for me to purchase, but they don't have any in the area at all.  Half the places didn't even know wtf I was talking about.  On top of that, they all overcharge for everything.  Bunch of asshats.  I told the guy that there are now 3 stores in the area that have lost a customer before even gaining him.  /rant
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top