Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2009 3:57:26 AM EDT
I've only seen writing that says "Made in Germany."  Are there any Sigs new or old that actually read "Gemacht in DE/BRD/DDR?"
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 4:22:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I've only seen writing that says "Made in Germany."  Are there any Sigs new or old that actually read "Gemacht in DE/BRD/DDR?"

I doubt it, as the "Made In" requirement is largely if not solely a US one.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 9:01:01 AM EDT
[#2]
There are some labeled with "DE" as it follows guidlines of a U.N. policy adopted a few years ago regarding manufacture origin of firearms to better track illegal trafficing.  "Gemact" or "Made In" apparently is only "required" in English format in America.  It's why we also seem to "have to go to the hospital" for instance rather than "go to hospital".  American has become more laborious than it's root languages rather than become more streamline and efficient like most others.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top