Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2009 6:47:24 AM EDT
It looks like it's machined into the slide.  My rear sight is dovetailed, but the front is not.  I thought it may be like a glock and pop out, but i don't even see a hole on the underneth portion of the slide.  It's a 93' W. German.

Link Posted: 3/24/2009 11:39:29 AM EDT
[#1]
A smith would need to mill it off and cut a dovetail and refinish. Alternatively you could buy a 220 slide from Sig with dovetails front and rear. I'd wager to guess it'd be cheaper for a smith to do the sight install.
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 4:42:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep..  non-removeable.

Unless you absolutely must have that slide..  I would find a cut slide and go that route.
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 4:58:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd talk to these people before you went to machining on that slide:

Tooltech Gun Sight

Link Posted: 3/24/2009 7:54:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Tooltech Gun Sight

Thanks, it looks like they can drill a hole in the sight and pop in a tritium vial.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:16:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tooltech Gun Sight

Thanks, it looks like they can drill a hole in the sight and pop in a tritium vial.

I have a e-mail into these guys to see if they can drill it out and install a tritium vial and how much it would be.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 9:24:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Please update with what you find out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top