Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/4/2003 5:32:43 PM EDT
"On Thursday, November 6th, at 5:00pm EST, SIGARMS.com will be the first place that you can see the latest SIGARMS pistol - our new Granite Series"

Copied from the web sight, anyone know anything about it?
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 5:56:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 6:01:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh My! Did not see that comming.
Thanks
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 7:26:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I have to say i think this is a mistake , Sig shouldn't have entered an already overcrowded 1911 market, think of the competition . Les Baer, Wilson, Kimber, Springfield , S&W , Colt, Rock River , STI, did i forget any company ? too many choices and i think Sig will see this after a while I say it won't be long lived
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 9:58:11 PM EDT
[#4]
...Forgot Para Ordnance...
I must say, I am a huge 1911 nut. But I never imagined Sig as a manufacturer of one. I like the looks of the pistol, but no more than any other of the top 1911 makers out there. Perhaps if they did something new to the 1911 or changed something for the better (Hard to do)...even maybe a different look or something. Well, I will give it at least the benifit of the doubt and a nice once over when I see one before I rule it out. Heck the price may rule it out alone.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 7:32:31 AM EDT
[#5]
For those who just HAVE to have one of each brand.
So much for kids Xmas funds this year.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 4:00:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Man i knew i would forget one and I forgot one of the better ones in Para Ordanance but i remember some crappy one like the Rock River? what is the matter with me . And like you said It's hard to imagine them not doing something that anyone hasn't already done , I mean what else can you do to a 1911 aside from maybe chamber it in some off the wall caliber like 7.62x25 or .30 Mauser, 7.65mm or something like that
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 5:50:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
And like you said It's hard to imagine them not doing something that anyone hasn't already done ,

How about make one that works.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 6:30:07 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't think it's a bad move for SIG. They aren't dumb, they know what's on the market, who sells how much of what gun etc.

People who have reached the point of owning enough 1911s that they just have to buy a significant new twist on the market will buy a chunk. My bet is that not many have been made to go to market; a venture not so much for profit but to keep SIG on the map (not that they've ever left the map for me), remind people they can still come out with new things.

An example being the SigPro which got a lot of rolled eyes when it came out but it's done well in sales, is contracted to a decent number of police departments.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 3:37:58 PM EDT
[#9]
I liked the Sig Pro other than the rubber grips that are way to fat for me. SP2340 is one of the few pistols I can reach the slide release without switching my grip around.
I am sure Sig thought this through as well, but unless they can do Wilson type quality for a much better price, they are falling into a flooded market here in the US. No one will argue that Sig quality is not superb, so like I said, I won't rule it out...but I won't get my hopes up either.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 3:41:06 PM EDT
[#10]
I know! Lets start another SIG 1911 thread
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top