Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/27/2008 12:07:36 PM EDT
Bought four of them for duty use in my Sig P-226.
Picked mine up from Top Gun Supply for bout 25 bucks apiece
Link Posted: 8/27/2008 12:32:09 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Had them to the range yet?  For duty use, I'd want to make sure there's no hiccups.

Oh yeah, good price - I think I paid about $29.00/mag for the 15 rounders.
Link Posted: 8/27/2008 12:54:29 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Had them to the range yet?  For duty use, I'd want to make sure there's no hiccups.

i'll take them to the range this week for the testing, and if you guys want a good company to order stuff from check TGS out.
Link Posted: 8/27/2008 1:45:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Tagged.   I have a couple I have not tried yet.   I bought them while buying 15 rounders for my 228.
Link Posted: 8/27/2008 2:18:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Mec-Gar makes excellent mags.  They make the OEM mags for some SIG models.  I am sure they will serve you well.
Link Posted: 8/27/2008 6:14:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Use MecGar 15 rounders in my 228.  Excellent mags, work flawlessly.  Topgun is a great company to do business with.
Link Posted: 8/28/2008 8:32:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Big +1 for TGS and the Mecgars.  They also now come with the plus2 adapter for about $4-$5 more iirc.  I bought 8 of the 18-rounders a while back and bought 4 of the Plus2 adapters.  The antifriction coating is very nice and they are my favorite sig mags.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 7:47:28 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

i'll take them to the range this week for the testing, and if you guys want a good company to order stuff from check TGS out.

UPDATE- The mags were 100% reliable as expected..Buy Mec-Gar with confidence.

-DLAW
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 12:44:35 PM EDT
[#8]
I have several and have been using them in 3 gun shoots with nary a hiccup with about 600 rounds +/- thru them so far. They are my new go to mags. Those 3 extra rounds come in handy! YMMV
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 5:43:58 PM EDT
[#9]
I bought a couple of the 18 rounders but they are Sig brand (made by Mec-Gar). I have been very happy with them also. I need to pick up a couple of the Mec-Gar branded ones from TGS before too long.

Can help it, I gotta post pics.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 8:09:19 PM EDT
[#10]
I just picked received a few of these from TGS and came over to this forum with the intent of posting just how nice I thought they were, and lo-and-behold heres this thread...

Definitely buy with confidence. The anti-friction coating is really nice and these are easily some of the nicest pistol mags I've ever put hands on. Get em while ya can...

Also, TGS shipping is super fast, out the door same day for me twice now...
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 7:39:09 AM EDT
[#11]
I bought three from Top Gun at that price for my new 226.  Take it to thee range tomorrow.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top