Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2003 8:38:27 PM EDT
Does anyone have experience carrying the 239 concealed on the ankle?

I am trying to pick up a backup gun, but my agency restricts my choices to 232 or 239.  I am uniformed (most of the time) and will have to carry it under a pair of trousers.

I know it is larger than the 232 and that I could easily conceal the 232 there, but I really want to avoid the .380 round.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 2:02:58 PM EDT
[#1]
You will find that the 239 is much too large for ankle carry. First off, the size does not lend itself to ankle carry really well unless you are Andre the Giant. Next, it weighs in at 23 ounces, which is ideal for a belt carried weapon. With that being said my 239 is carried almost daily in an IWB holster.  If it's a BUG, the .380 should be fine. If it still doesn't tickle your pickle, try out a .357 S&W in a lightweight configuration. If it were my choice to make I'd take the 232 w/o hesitation.
Take care,
B9
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 9:20:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Have ya tried the "SOB" [Small of Back] holster by Galco???I use it with a 239 as BU...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top