Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2003 10:35:52 AM EDT
update on the sig 232 mess, it is a stainless version,  has been back to sig 3 times now, it works for less than 50 rounds and then the metal between the slide/frame begins to gall, toptally jamming the gun, sig was told on the third time to keep the gun, and give a credit or a replacement, i did not want another 232 after one of the techs from sig said the parts were poorly heat treated and some 17000 plus left the factory that way, he said he would give a credit or replace with another gun of a different type, like something from the classic series that is known to be reliable, i was told to send in an ffl, and they would send a gun...

today i got a letter from sig telling me not to call them, they will not talk to me, they are keeping the gun, and i have to sue them to get it taken care of...

i will never buy another sig product, and will instruct all of the people in the firearms training classes to keep away from them, their customer service sucks, they could have easily made it right with me, and refuse to do so, shipping a handgun to sig has to be done next day air, and at 35 bucks a pop, 3 times, and they will not refund that iether, sig sucks
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 2:54:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know the content or tone of your conversations and corrrespondence with Sig but, from what you describe, you got hosed.

Fortunately, my experiences with them have been very satisfactory.

I've called them for tech advice on several occasions, and they reversed the mag release on my P220 after I royally screwed it up trying to do it myself, free of charge.(It's not as straightforward as it looks.)

Hopefully your situation will be resolved.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 3:16:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Not doubting your side of the story, that sucks.
Maybe snoop around Sig forums and see if there are any others with similar problems and what was done to correct it.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 8:17:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I've done a good bit of research into the P232 series prior to purchasing one. I have a P232SL, all stainless. The only thing I've ever been able to come up with was that some of them seem to be picky regarding some types of hollow-point ammunition. One thing I did read somewhere was that the all steel model needs about a 200rnd or so break-in period. If SIG got out some "lemons" then they should fix the problem. What I don't understand is if they offered to give you a new gun and all, why did they contact you later and tell you not to call and everything? Sounds strange. Everytime I've ever dealt with SIG's service its been first rate.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 7:37:43 AM EDT
[#4]
they will not replace the gun, and have kept my gun, i was told to sue them, and it will be in court soon, i will get copies of some of the letters from them if you wish, they suck!

poorl heat treated is what the sig 'mechanic' said
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 7:30:50 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

today i got a letter from sig telling me not to call them, they will not talk to me, they are keeping the gun, and i have to sue them to get it taken care of...

Sounds like that asshole from Glock went to work over there.

Take your receipt to the Sheriff in the county where SIG is located and have him retrieve your property for you.
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 4:15:26 AM EDT
[#6]
I would really like to see the letter, anyway you can scan it?

I've been selling guns for the last 16 years, and have never heard of a company, especially SIG, saying "sue us to get your gun back".
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 4:08:22 PM EDT
[#7]
i will get it scanned somehow
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top