Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/12/2003 6:22:51 AM EDT
I read a third-hand rumour over on 1911forum.com that SIG was planning on producing a 1911 style pistol. Supposedly, the information came from a guy who was at a SIG-day promotion and came from the factory rep.

Who knows?

Link Posted: 6/12/2003 6:50:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Probably the same rep that started the double stack .45-hicap SIG pistol rumor.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 8:34:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Why in the blue hell would Sig produce a 1911, when their P220 is competition to stock 1911s and the P210 is competition to custom 1911s in 9 mm???????

Doesn't add up to me.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 9:41:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Like I said, third hand rumour.

The 1911 design is a classic, and is VERY popular among defensive and competition shooters.  It's got a nice slim profile and, with some practice, and excellent cocked and locked carry system. Smith and Wesson just entered the business, so why not Sig-Sauer?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top