Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/30/2003 5:55:56 PM EDT
I just swapped my P229 for a P226. Its VERY nice.

But some questions arise:

1. The trigger of the 226 has a little stiffer feel than my 229. DO you think it'll "break in" over time, or can I "tune" the trigger on my 226 with new springs, etc??

2. I'm not a real big fan of the bar / dot sighting system. Can I replace the sights with a three dot arrangement??

3. The pistol came with two mags. On the side they are stamped "Sig Sauer P226 .357 .40" but the front of the mag is stamped "Made in Italy." Are these aftermarket mags?? They shoot real good.

Thanx.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 6:00:45 PM EDT
[#1]
IIRC  Act-Mag of Italy is making the new Sigs mags...

http://www.precisionsights.com/actmag.html
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 5:35:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Unless things have changed recently, Mec-Gar (Italy) was the OEM Manufacturer for Sig-Sauer.

OEM SIG mags have Sig-Sauer in the center of the side of the mag. and are in relatively large, outlined lettering. They also have the typical Zig-Zag or dovetail weld at the spine of the mag.

At one time, Mec-Gar sold Sig mags directly to the public under the Mec-Gar name. They were marked differently than the OEM mags and had the Mec-Gar name and logo on the side. These mags are difficult to find in the States, as Sig stopped Mec-Gar from selling them under their manufacturing agreement (especially the 10+ rd mags). Mec-Gar also sold 15 rd flush fit mags for the P228 and (I think) 17 rd flush fit mags for the P226, which in my experience functioned flawlessly.

If you can find them, Mec-Gar mags are as good as OEM mags for the Sig.

Link Posted: 5/31/2003 5:39:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Your trigger will smoothen up very nicely over time.  Another option is to install the SIG Short Trigger.  I have found this option to be well worth the money.

Though I happen to love the bar dot sighting system, three dot sights are readily available for the P226.  In fact, if you upgrade to night sights, they will be the three dot variety.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top