Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/28/2003 10:20:54 AM EDT
A friend recently shot (and loved) my P230.  Now he wants one.  Since he wants a new gun, he’ll be looking at the P232.  What are the differences between the P230 and the P232?  

The only thing I really don’t like about my P230 is the lack of a manual slide catch to hold the slide open.  I’m hoping the P232 has one.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 9:24:18 AM EDT
[#1]
I've got a P232.

I like it.  It's very accurate.  I scored a 99% on my concealed handgun shooting test with it.

The 232 looks very similar to the 230.    Sorry, no manual slide catch.  The only gun locks open when the magazine is empty and the slide is back.  This hasn't been a problem for me.

I like the magazine release for concealed carry, cause you can't trigger it by accident, but I did have to practice reloading quite a bit.  A loaded mag will snag on the way in if you don't do it just right.

Link Posted: 6/10/2003 2:17:12 PM EDT
[#2]
does yours jam up like the one i have in my hand?
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 2:34:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Never a jam with mine.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 4:12:25 PM EDT
[#4]
been to the factory twice for repairs, the "mechanic" said the frame/slide was not heat treated properly and the metal was galling, they "fixed it", and now it is back for round two, and i am getting a huge attitude from the main man at sig, seems 17000 got through that way
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 12:58:20 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
does yours jam up like the one i have in my hand?

I know that in my Dad's 230, he has a real hard time getting it to respond well to HP's.  It'll feed FMJ's all day, but doens't like the HP's.  I think they enlarged the grip some on the 232 as well as fixing some feeding problems.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top