Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/12/2007 8:28:53 PM EDT
I have a Para Carry 3" in .45 acp and am thinking about trading it for a used full size P220 with 3 magazines and original box.  This is at the local fun store and the price is $625 is it a good deal?  and how are the 220's?
Link Posted: 6/12/2007 9:33:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/13/2007 9:07:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I had a Para-Tac Four, Para P12, and a Sig 220.  Out of all 3, I enjoyed the Sig 220 the most.  It was a tad more accurate than the Tac-Four.  The LDA trigger on the Tac-Four was sweet, but the Sig 220 was still a better gun to shoot, IMHO.

I had no reliability issues with the Sig 220.  It ate up all types of ammo (steel, aluminum, brass, nickel, fmjs, hps, wad-cutters, semi-wad cutters).  The Paras didn't like steel cased Wolf or aluminum cased Blazers too much.

And yes, I would do the trade.
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 6:09:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Trade and never look back.
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 6:48:43 PM EDT
[#4]
 I would.
I have a Colt Defender, 3" barrel, and a couple of Sig P220's.
I certainly enjoy the 220's a lot more.  
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 5:39:35 AM EDT
[#5]
LOVE my 220 best 45 I have ever owned....trade that piece
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 6:01:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Well after some long debate the Sig people are going to be slightly upset with my decision.  I did trade in my Para but instead of getting the 220 I bought my dad a new PX4 storm for fathers day.  He's been wanting one for a while and with my sister going to college in August didn't want to spend the money on himself so I did. Thanks for all the responses and I am still looking at getting a 220 just have to wait a while and save.
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 11:42:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Well after some long debate the Sig people are going to be slightly upset with my decision.  I did trade in my Para but instead of getting the 220 I bought my dad a new PX4 storm for fathers day.  He's been wanting one for a while and with my sister going to college in August didn't want to spend the money on himself so I did. Thanks for all the responses and I am still looking at getting a 220 just have to wait a while and save.

You are a damm good son! Please let us know what he thinks of the Beretta and yes that is a nice gun!
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 12:05:51 PM EDT
[#8]
And to think I was actually considering the last 4 days or so of selling my Sig P220ST off and using the $$ to get a Para Warthog 45.  Guess I better just count my blessings and keep the sig that I only paid $350 for!!!!!  And yep it came with trijicons on it...
One of the smoothest OEM trigger pulls I have ever squeezed on!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top