Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/3/2003 4:53:57 PM EDT
Found one at the gunshow with "15 rounds through it" for 600 with a preban mag, gun was made before 94 sometime.

Found another one that is supposedly new with 2 preban mags for 750.

Whats the best decision? still buy new?

Any way to tell if theres something wrong with the 226?
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 2:27:27 AM EDT
[#1]
well, http://www.kyimports.com/ has (Used, Very Good Condition) ones for $389.99--$419.99 with night sights.  I believe they have 15 rnd factory mags for 60 bucks too.

I wouldnt buy new unless you realy want a new one, sigs are preety tough, ive got a p220 9mm thats older than I am and it's still about the most accurate pistol ive ever shot.
whatever floats your boat.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 6:14:23 AM EDT
[#2]
I recommend the new full stainless P226.  You'll have to buy new as it just came out.

Otherwise, used model are in the 350-450 range right now.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 2:58:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I got mine for $635 still in the plastic from Bugs N Bullets in Butte, Montana.  $600 is't a deal at all.  You can find used factory 15rd mags for $35 at a few places and they function perfectly.  I'm a bit anal retentive and had to have a brand spankin' new one  CDNN might have some kind of deal going.  Tripwire's suggestion looks really good if you're okay with buying one used.  Sigs are surely tough!
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 1:57:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I paid $400 for a 2-tone 226 with night sights, used.  Since then, it has had about 60K rounds through it and I have yet to have it break. The barrel could probably stand to be replaced, and there is a little more rattling than there used to be, but for what I paid for it, it has done everything I have asked of it and then some.  It is still going strong with no signs of kicking the bucket any time soon, so I will keep shooting the crap out of it.

If you pay more than about $600 for brand new, you are getting hosed. IMHO.

Link Posted: 5/22/2003 8:58:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Phil a Steen

I totally agree with your recommendation of the full stainless.  I have the new 40.

But it will cost a lot more than the others, the list is about $1150.00.  I paid $900.  It's steep but I love it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top