Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/26/2003 5:36:23 PM EDT
Are the SIGLITE Night Sights and the Trijicon night sights pretty much the same in quality and design?  

SIGARMS is having a "spring cleaning" Custom Shop special going on until May 15.  I've had my SIG P229 .40 for about 3 years now, and I've never broken it down or had it cleaned more than the usual field stripping.  So this Custom Shop special is just what my P229 needs.  

I was thinking of having them put in the SIGLITEs so I'm wondering if it's pretty much the same specs as Trijicon's.
Link Posted: 4/26/2003 5:41:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Factory Siglites are made by Trijicon.  The front sight on my P239 has Trijicon on the top.
Link Posted: 4/27/2003 4:52:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks very much Aggie1.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 5:53:40 PM EDT
[#3]
what do night sights cost for a 220
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 6:45:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Trijicons should be around $85-95 a set + shipping at wholesale cost. This assumes they are for the later 220's that are made with the dovetailed front sight. Older guns with front sights made as part of the slide (and there are lots of these around) must have the sight drilled with a carbide bit (very hard steel here!) and the capsule epoxied in place...which can be done by the Trijicon folks if you send them your slide (highly recommended for this since if they mess up, THEY are responsible) or, you can contact Sig and for a very reasonable price they will machine off the old sight, cut a new dovetail to spec and install their SigLite sights for you.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 11:20:40 PM EDT
[#5]
One thing to think about...
The SIGlites are made by Trijicon, but differ in that the rings around the tritium capsules are thin and silver-colored, making them a bit difficult to see when shooting in daylight.  The Trijicon aftermarket sights are similar, but the rings are painted white, making it easier to see in the daytime.  The white paint may flake off over time.  Meprolight nightsights have the white outline within the capsule, hence the rings won't wear off over time.

Personally, I have mostly SIGlites and Trijicons on my SIGs, but have installed Mepros on a couple of other handguns, and like them better.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 11:32:39 PM EDT
[#6]
The main difference between Trijicon's SIG sights and the ones they make for SIG, is the SIG factory Trijicons actually have the indented rear face on the rear sight light factory sights.  The Trijicon aftermarkets have a flat sight picture.

Trijicons are far and above Meprolites.  Meps have a nasty tendancy to have tritium modules work out of the sight.  I have seen this numerous times at the two departments I have worked at.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 5:27:07 PM EDT
[#7]
My Siglights are still crisp after 12 years.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top