Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/24/2007 10:18:49 PM EDT
Seriously considering buying one of these. Anybody have any experience pro or con?
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 6:58:46 AM EDT
[#1]
I shot one last weekend that a buddy brought over.  I immediately put a FAL up for sale to fund the purchase of a GSR.  

The original Gen 1 (non Revolution) model seemed to have a lot of problems, but from everything I'm reading about them now, SIG seems to have gotten the problems fixed.

I'm opting for the Nitron finish, night sights and no rail.   It's $125 more expensive than the cheapest new XOs I've seen, but it has a beautifully checkered frontstrap and night sights.  Those additions are worth the cost increase to me--I'd be making those changes myself, but I can't do it for $125.

check out M1911.org.  They have a sub-forum dedicated to the GSR.  

(btw, welcome to Arfcom!)

Link Posted: 2/25/2007 7:13:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the welcome and the info. Local dealer is checking availability and price for me Monday on an XO Black.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 2:21:10 PM EDT
[#3]
check out proxarms.com

best prices I've found....and I've been looking!
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 2:26:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Buds has them WAY beat, if you want their closeout.
www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/28/products_id/411534321

Sig Sauer Revolution XO 1911 45ACP SS SUPER BLOWOUT PRICE
Model: 19GS0012 $639.00
This Item is in stock.
Bud's Item Number: 411534321
Item Condition: Factory New

I want it, but don't have the cash right now.

Edited to fix link.
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 9:25:27 AM EDT
[#5]
good find Ruprecht!  (your avatar---lol...Ruprecht the Monkey Boy)

I used to live near Buds.  I used to use my lunch break to shoot there, and took my KY CCW class at their indoor range.  Good bunch of guys.

Link Posted: 2/28/2007 9:39:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks.  Most people don't seem to get the movie reference--Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, with Michale Cain and Steve Martin. I love that movie!

I have never dealt with Bud's, but they seem to have a good internet rep and their prices sure seem pretty decent.  I wish I could find a shop in VA that had similar pricing.  $20 to the FFL, and another $25 for shipping starts adding up the total.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top