Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2006 6:23:18 PM EDT
Ok just got a Sig 239 DAO model....and as far as shooting goes... its great... however one slight problem ... in about 25 magazines worth of shooting... the pistol only went to slide-lock three times ... anyone else have similar problems?
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 6:32:48 PM EDT
[#1]
No, but my P220 does the same on occasion.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 8:44:41 PM EDT
[#2]
If you are right handed, your firing side thumb probably touched the slide stop during your string of fire.  It is a smaller frame, so one way to take care of that would be to place your firing side thumb on top of your support side thumb.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 5:55:36 AM EDT
[#3]
That's definitely it... the slide stop is much further back on the sig than any of my other pistols...so I inserted an empty magazine into the magazine well, held the pistol the way i normally would, racked the slide, and it wouldn't stay locked because my thumb was pressing up against it... thanks a lot Dragonfly!

Quoted:
If you are right handed, your firing side thumb probably touched the slide stop during your string of fire.  It is a smaller frame, so one way to take care of that would be to place your firing side thumb on top of your support side thumb.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 12:26:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Yep. Thumb on slide lock. I do it more often than I care to admit on my 220.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 10:00:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Glad you figured out the problem, but just in case, another cause of the failure to lock back that I learned about when I was having problems with my P226 is insufficient lubrication.  Apparently Sigs prefer a little more than most pistols I've used - I was having a horrible time with my brand new 9mm, but after another cleaning and adding additional CLP on the slide and top of the barrel, I didn't have any more problems.

Dave
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top