Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/8/2006 7:50:19 PM EDT
Does anyone know about the new Sig 226 Navy model with rail.  I keep seeing it advertised with a letter of authenticity and listed as limited production.  Is it limited because this is the first year it is being marketed, or is it limited because it  is the only year it will be marketed?  The new Sig website doesn't mention the Sig 226 Navy with Rail model at all.

I've spoken with two dealers who say the Sig factory package includes three 15-round magazines; but Sportsman's Warehouse says it includes only two.  Are the dealers including an extra, or is Sportsman's Warehouse taking one back?  I know that two is the standard, but is this a Sig promotion or a dealer incentive?

Thanks.

EDIT:  After looking around, and calling Sportsman's Warehouse again, I think they simply don't know what they're selling and I doubt they actually carry the 226R Navy.  In other words, no scam, just a lack of knowledge.

UPDATE: Thanks for the responses.  Ray from SigArms called me this morning (at 7am) and we discussed the newest Navy for several minutes.  He says this run will be on and off, but may go for a while.  Sig hasn't really distributed them to many dealers, so if you find one, you're lucky.  You can, however, have the dealer order one from Sig.  The product code is: E 26-R-Navy.  And, of course, anyone selling the Sig Navy without an anchor has his 226s in the wrong boxes.

UPDATE #2:  After posting yesterday, I called SigArms back.  As mentioned below, the 226-R-Navy (E 26-R-Navy) is the current 226 Navy production.   Apparently, the rails are a requested improvement, so this model is the replacement for the previous model.  Additionally, like the previous NSW series Navys, proceeds from this model's sales are donated to the Naval Special Warfare Foundation.  Current models are not being released with NSW serial numbers.

EDIT: 'rails' to 'rail.'
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:27:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know about the limited edition thing, as this is the third type of Navy pistol released by Sig. If you want to buy one I hear these guys are pretty good to work with.
www.ordnanceoutsellers.com/index.htm
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:45:55 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I don't know about the limited edition thing, as this is the third type of Navy pistol released by Sig. If you want to buy one I hear these guys are pretty good to work with.
www.ordnanceoutsellers.com/index.htm

Thanks, I've been looking around, and it seems like these guys have the best price so far.  I want to buy one this month, so I appreciate it.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:20:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Not sure about the Navy but the police package contains 3 mags whereas standard packages contain 2.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:47:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Mine came with 3 15 round magazines.  If yours doesn't I seem to recall seeing sig 226 9mm mags cheap, they are the exact same ones too.  

Also, it is a limited run of a certain number I can't remember, I believe it was 2000.  I will go find the certificate that came with it and let you know.  
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:23:55 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Mine came with 3 15 round magazines.  If yours doesn't I seem to recall seeing sig 226 9mm mags cheap, they are the exact same ones too.  

Also, it is a limited run of a certain number I can't remember, I believe it was 2000.  I will go find the certificate that came with it and let you know.  

Thanks, I just spoke with a local dealer on the phone who has one in stock, he says the box states 226-R Navy and it comes with 3 mags, but he says he doesn't see an engraved anchor on the side...(?) does he have the box paired up with a standard 226, or do some of these cme without the anchor (which doesn't seem right to me) - I'm gonna call Sig in the morning and the dealer is holding the Sig for me.  

I'd definitely like to know how many are out there if you can figure it out.  Thanks.

PS - how do you like it?  Do the rails get caught up?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:29:59 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks, I just spoke with a local dealer on the phone who has one in stock, he says the box states 226-R Navy and it comes with 3 mags, but he says he doesn't see an engraved anchor on the side...(?) does he have the box paired up with a standard 226, or do some of these cme without the anchor (which doesn't seem right to me) - I'm gonna call Sig in the morning and the dealer is holding the Sig for me.  

I'd definitely like to know how many are out there if you can figure it out.  Thanks.

If there is no anchor on the left side of the slide, then it's not a Navy model.

The first run of Navy pistols was the special edition of which money from each pistol sold went to the Naval Special Warfare Foundation. There were 2000 produced, each with an anchor on the slide and a serial number that began with the prefix NSW (NSWxxxx). These pistols shipped from Sig with two phosphate coated 10rd mags, and a certificate of authenticity.

The second run was the exact same pistol, except that it came with serial numbers beginning with a U prefix, and three hi-cap mags. These also came with a certificate of authenticity. Nobody knows how many of these were released.....I've heard anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand.

I honestly don't know much about this new run, other than the fact that it's a rail gun, phosphate coated, anchor on the slide, comes with three hi-caps, and still comes with a certificate of authenticity.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:37:51 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If there is no anchor on the left side of the slide, then it's not a Navy model.

The first run of Navy pistols was the special edition of which money from each pistol sold went to the Naval Special Warfare Foundation. There were 2000 produced, each with an anchor on the slide and a serial number that began with the prefix NSW (NSWxxxx). These pistols shipped from Sig with two phosphate coated 10rd mags, and a certificate of authenticity.

The second run was the exact same pistol, except that it came with serial numbers beginning with a U prefix, and three hi-cap mags. These also came with a certificate of authenticity. Nobody knows how many of these were released.....I've heard anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand.

I honestly don't know much about this new run, other than the fact that it's a rail gun, phosphate coated, anchor on the slide, comes with three hi-caps, and still comes with a certificate of authenticity.

Thanks for the response.  All of the information you provided is in-tune with the SigArms customer service staff .   As I updated above, the Sig 226R Navy doesn't have a predetermined number of releases, rather it will be released on occassion.  Thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 10:13:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Has the Navy actually purchased the P226 model with the rail from SIGarms?
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:04:10 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Has the Navy actually purchased the P226 model with the rail from SIGarms?

This is the current production model of the 226 Navy, but I did not ask whether or not the Navy was purchasing this model or sticking with the previous generation.  From what the rep said on my second call into Sig yesterday (after the call in the above update), the rails were a requested improvement on the last design.  

Also, there are no 226-R-Navy models scheduled with the NSW serial numbers, at this point; however, Sig is still donating proceeds from this model's sales to the Naval Special Warfare Foundation, as they were with the previous NSW releases.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 12:00:27 AM EDT
[#10]
gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=46841224

edited to add: it has only one rail. not rail's
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:47:10 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Dur
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 9:21:08 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dur

You lost.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 9:31:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Tag

GM
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:08:31 PM EDT
[#14]
I have one. Got it a few weeks ago. Was going to get it through James at Ordnance Outsellers but got a 228 instead. Then my local dealer had the NAVY show up so I got it too. Mine is a UU prefix serial number which is a US made frame. Also has the anchor, certificate of authenticity, and came with three mags.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 9:28:43 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dur

your the one who had it plural, and still do in your title. so dur back to you pal.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 11:27:31 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dur

your the one who had it plural, and still do in your title. so dur back to you pal.

That was a dur of agreement Edited for your satisfaction
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 11:36:30 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I have one. Got it a few weeks ago. Was going to get it through James at Ordnance Outsellers but got a 228 instead. Then my local dealer had the NAVY show up so I got it too. Mine is a UU prefix serial number which is a US made frame. Also has the anchor, certificate of authenticity, and came with three mags.

So far, the Ordnance Outsellers website has the best price I've seen.  Dealers carrying it in my neck of the NW run between $745 and $780 before tax.  According to Ray, the UU series numbers will be the only ones released in the near future.  Thanks for the relpy.

PS - The 228 is a great firearm!  How do you like it and how do you like the rail on the 226R Navy?
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 8:26:11 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
PS - The 228 is a great firearm!  How do you like it and how do you like the rail on the 226R Navy?

LOVE the 228. I've had two others in the past but this ones a keeper, seeing that they won't be imported anymore. The NAVY is my fourth 226 and first one with a rail. I don't mind the rails, alot of folks hate 'em. I sold my Surefire X200A to help finance a X200B which hasn't come in yet, so I haven't got to use the rail yet.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:27:33 PM EDT
[#19]
I think my NSW needs a sister
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top