Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2006 3:48:49 PM EDT
Hello all,

I was just curious what you all are seeing around your areas as far as pricing on P229 in 9mm w/ Night Sights both in the Nitron and Two Tone finishes?

I checked a local gun shop which is typically very competitive in pricing if not one of the most reasonable and they quoted me $729 Nitron and $759 Two Tone.  I'm all for supporting local gunstores as I have for many years, but I'm also not foolish about spending my money if there are much better deals I can find online where they can transfer locally.  Any suggestions?

I currently have a P228 in Two Tone I've had for a number of years (they were matte Nickel plated back then) which I absolutely love, but I'haven't been using it much since they are no longer that easy to come by.

I just recently sold a P220ST (for only $100 less then I paid for it!) that I had for about a year and although it was a great gun as well, it was really just a bit too big and bulky for my hands.

Anyway, I'd really like to pick up a P229 in 9mm since the P228/P229 fit my hands and my experience with the P228 has been so great (no malfunctions EVER).  Not to mention I will be able to interchange the mags between the two since they are the same.

Also, I would like some feedback on the durability of the Nitron vs. the Two Tone finish as far as the slide is concerned.

Thoughts and feedback appreciated!
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 8:28:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the heads-up on that!  E-mail sent!  
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 5:12:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Dtech114 - (IMHO) You simply cannot go wrong dealing w/ James @
www.ordnanceoutsellers.com
Hope this helps...

Eric Howland
SAvannah, GA.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top