Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2006 10:12:47 AM EDT
Can anybody recommend a good set of adjustable target sights for full-size Sigs (220/226)?  I'm planning on doing some upgrades and I'd like some advice.  Thanks in advance.  MJD
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:19:52 PM EDT
[#1]
tag
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:56:23 AM EDT
[#2]
I tried MMC and was not happy with their quality.
I put adjustable Meprolight night sights on my 220ST and like them very much.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 12:04:21 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a MMC adjustable sight on a H&K.

It seems to be a decent sight except:

Adjustments are rather crude and require a small hex wrench that I continually lose!

The protective ears are higher than the sight blade (as they normally should be).  But that makes fast acquisition of the sights a bit confusing.  When I’m sure I’ve got the setting I want, I plan on cutting the ears down to the level of the sight blade.

The front sight is a tritium night sight that is very dim, apparently resulting from the rather small vial used.

While I’m not totally dissatisfied with them per se (other than with the front sight), if I had it to do over I’d get something else.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:45:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Well so far it doesn't seem like there are very many options out there for me.  Aren't there any good ones out there like there are for 1911's?  MJD
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:52:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Try this website. This is where I purchased my LPA fiber optic sights for my original railed P220ST. Seems that Sig had the same idea as later on that year (2005), they introduced the P220ST Sport Stock which uses the exact same fiber optic sights by LPA.

www.precisionsalesintl.com/

See my P220ST on the bottom with the LPA sights. They have green rear and red front. You can also get without fiber optics. The people I talked to at Precision were very professional and helpful.

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:32:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Dang, those LPA's are tall.  Is there anything else out there with a slightly lower profile?  MJD

ETA:  Should have read more closely.  The TPU series might work for me.  MJD
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top