Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/13/2006 8:27:08 PM EDT
I am curious, does Sig or another company make a Grip Ext. for the 229 12rd. Mag?  Since my hands are just a little to big for the 229 and a Grip Ext would most likely work.  But I want to know before I decide to buy.

Thanks

Ant

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 1:37:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Wow, you sir, have some big ape paws haveWhat about going with a 226?  It's a little bigger, with a slightly bigger grip.
I'm obviously not the final word here, but I can't remember ever seeing any grip extensions for the 229.  Sorry I couldn't help.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:54:16 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Wow, you sir, have some big ape paws  I have above average sized hands, and the 229 fits very well.
What about going with a 226?  It's a little bigger, with a slightly bigger grip.
I'm obviously not the final word here, but I can't remember ever seeing any grip extensions for the 229.  Sorry I couldn't help.

Well you know what they say about BIG HANDS?!!  BIG GLOVES!

Yeah I know, they XD fits just fine but I really want a Sig.

Ant
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:11:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Here is just what you need.

Sigarms X-Grip

ETA: I believe it only works with 9mm mags though. I saw 12 rounds in your post, that usually means a .40/.357 pistol.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:09:45 AM EDT
[#4]
The extension from a 229 Sport should work... but it probably only comes in stainless color.
+1 on try a 226.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:36:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The extension from a 229 Sport should work... but it probably only comes in stainless color.
+1 on try a 226.

I dont want a 226, and I want a 229 and my pinky is just slightly uncomfortable so a mag extension should work.  Yeah I have seen those mags and if I'm right CDNN has 229's with mag ext.

Ant
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:33:46 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
+1 on try a 226.

you need the floorplates from P229 Sport mags.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top