Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/12/2006 10:34:35 AM EDT
I have a 228 and 229 that are both older made in Germany models.  I bought the 229 the first year they came out and the 228 about a year later.  I bought both of them new so I am assuming the 228 is a little later build date.  

The triggers are different on them.  The 228 trigger is noticeably thicker and it results in a shorter da pull.  The 229's trigger being thinner travels further back in the trigger guard before breaking and it pinches my finger between the trigger and the guard.  The 228 trigger does not do this and is more comfortable to shoot.  The actual length of pull from the grip to the front of the trigger does not seem to be different between the two.

Here are the pics I took to show the differences.  Both pics are the same one I just cropped and created the second pic off the first to show the triggers side by side.  Since they came from the same pic and I did not resize them they are to scale in relation to each other.

Can I replace the trigger in my 229 with a similar one to the 228?  The 228 is much more comfortable to shoot due to the trigger not pinching my finger.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 12:45:47 PM EDT
[#1]
wow, I wonder if that was the orriginal trigger or a costum install because I have two 229s (had three) and none of my triggers are thin like that one.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 2:46:37 PM EDT
[#2]
The trigger on your 229 is called a "Short Trigger" and looks to be a factory part. It is easily swapped with the regular trigger.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 3:20:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, that is what I suspected.  It is what came with it originally as I bought it NIB within a few months of the 229 being released.  I don't remember seeing anything about it having a short trigger on the box and the box is in storage right now so I can't look to see.

BTW, I swapped the two triggers between the two pistols and now my 229 sports the standard trigger and the 228 sports the short one.  My wife mainly shoots the 228 since she declared it hers after shooting it at the range.  She has smaller hands than me so I will see if she likes the short trigger.  If not then I will get another standard trigger and put it in the 228.

It was much easier than I expected to r&r the triggers.

Thanks again for the info.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top