Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2006 12:24:59 PM EDT
Are there any lights out there for a P228?  I can't seem to find one (although searching has been pretty limited).  It doesn't have a rail so I don't know how else to attach a light except for using some Virginia chrome (duct tape) or some tactical krazy glue.

P.S.  Sig's website sucks.  Half the links didn't work for me and I can't find anything on 228's.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 1:35:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I dont know of any light specifically for the P228, but I'm sure you could have a rail installed on the frame to mount the light.  Or you could just keep the 228 in its current condition (un-messed with) and pick up a P229R in 9mm for your light mounting convenience.

Did you know that Sig is not making the P228 anymore?  That may be why you cant find anything on their site.  Right now the site seems to be working for me, give it another try Click
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 4:17:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I knew they weren't making it anymore, I was just hoping they would keep some information on their site about it.  As for the 229R, I plan on my next purchase being a 1911.  I gotta see if it is all that it is cracked up to be.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 4:24:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Oops, double tap.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 4:25:12 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
...my next purchase being a 1911.  I gotta see if it is all that it is cracked up to be.

They are.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:24:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Surefire makes a classic series light and the Nitrolon P113/4 should fit. The classic series uses a replacment takedown lever and is semi permanant. The Nitrolon uses a bolt on mount that attaches to the front of the trigger guard and the light itself comes off fairly easily leaving the mount. Streamlight also makes a bolt on mount for the M3 /M6 but it wont work with a Surefire X200, while the Surefire Nitrolon mount will work with all 3 IIRC.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top