Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/3/2006 8:07:03 AM EDT
Wednesday I went to the range to test out some WOLF M193 Wich turn out great!  

I brought my sig P229 and some 180JHP loaed w/ 7.9grs of AA#7 . Most accurate I have found so Far.

The range was 50 yards  and I havent shot this pistol for awhile I keep all my rounds in a 50 yard smallbore Rifle Target Score keeper Brand!

I about shit  my pants!

I Knew my P229 was good and all by plam size groups at 25 yards  but at 50yards? I didnt think I would even hit the target!

I Have EVEN more respect for sig now!
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:28:28 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm new to Sigs and I love my Sig P220.  I hate to say it, but I think it's more accurate than my Para-Ordnance Tac Four.  At 25 yards, head shots on standard target, no problem.  And I was using plain ole Wolf too.  Will try it on 50 yard steel plates next time.  I ring it consistently with my Tac Four. I'm sure no problem with my Sig 220 either.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:51:05 AM EDT
[#2]
S***! I can't even see the target the size of my palm at 50 yards!!! I have a hard time at 25! Good shooting!
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:02:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Yep, Sigs are sweet.  4.5 gr. Bullseye from my 220 seems to work pretty good, nice and accurate.  5.0 gr. Bullseye tends to be a bit much.  The rounds impact point of aim at 100 yds for some strange reason with that load.  My XD-40 with 6.7 gr. N-350 pushing Hornady XTP's can hit clay pigeons pretty consistently at 50 yards.  You've discovered the 229's (and any pistol's) key to accuracy, handloaded rounds.  MJD
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:33:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Im not that good of handgun shooter so it was a surprise to me as well!
25yards max and alot of 15 feet and 7 yards even less!
50 yards was the closest at the range I was at!

I just held at 6:00  So I  WONDER if all  Fixed/drift  P229 are zero  at 50yrds?

I havent shot in a long time!

Have any of you 40S&W shooter use AA#7  Ive tried alot of different powders this one seems best for me ! Its not a hot load but has alot  of  recoil
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:57:51 AM EDT
[#5]
The 6.7 gr. N350 load I mentioned above is really nice.  Light recoil, and NO muzzle flash at night.  I'll give you full specs on it if you want.  IM for details.  MJD
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:38:06 AM EDT
[#6]
HIGHWAYMAN Thank You BUT

I sold my Dillion S.D.  awhile back for a Ring ? I wish I never did it!
That little press made some accurate ammo!

I always cringe when guys say handloads are no good and Factory is the best!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top