Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/16/2006 2:18:38 PM EDT
I was about to purchase a 228 from a friend but ANOTHER friend found out that I was about to buy it. He wants me to buy his P226 because he doesn't use it. He states that he never fired it but I am not sure. It looks and smells unfired but you never know. It is in the box with 2 mags and is marked "Made in West Germany". He wants $500 for it.... is this a good deal? He wants me to come by tomorrow and come pick it up.

thanks,
Ron

UPDATE:
OK... I picked up the Sig 226 today. The Sig box still has the original price sticker on it for $805.95   It came with a Sig-marked mag that has a a zig-zag pattern in the back and the other doesn't? I paid him $500 for the pistol

thanks,
Ron

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:48:01 PM EDT
[#1]
If he is the original owner and it has not been shot much then that is a fair price. Which gun do you like better, you know the 228 is being discontinued for the consumer market.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:02:31 PM EDT
[#2]
get both!
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:20:17 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
get both!

I would but this makes 3 new guns this month... the wife is not TOO happy right now

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:12:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Damm dude.  I've been with the same woman for 23 years, she has NEVER been "not too happy with me" for spending money on a hobby.  My chick is a head strong independent woman. If she can't trust you to make good desisons with your money(I assume you work) you married your mom!!!!! That is the only part of your post that stood out like a turd in a punch bowl.
Sigs rock, You made a good purchase. I have 4. She will get over it, or she won't.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:33:15 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Damm dude.  I've been with the same woman for 23 years, she has NEVER been "not too happy with me" for spending money on a hobby.  My chick is a head strong independent woman. If she can't trust you to make good desisons with your money(I assume you work) you married your mom!!!!! That is the only part of your post that stood out like a turd in a punch bowl.
Sigs rock, You made a good purchase. I have 4. She will get over it, or she won't.

That's the problem... I can't make good decisions. If there is a gun in front of me, I will buy it. I spent almost $4K last month and three guns plus about 3K rounds of pistol ammo so far this month. I will probably go back and pick up the HK USP for $500 as well

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:51:23 PM EDT
[#6]
$500 for any decent P226 is money well spent.  Get the P228 as well, its a sweet little(er) gun.  And Keep buying guns, in a couple years we will need all the gunowners we can get.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:08:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Not a bad price at all.

Picking up a 95% Sig 226 with night sights and 5 factory 15rd mags this Sunday for $425.  The seller is even going to deliver it to me at the job and throw in a box of Federal +P+ 9mm.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:42:04 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Not a bad price at all.

Picking up a 95% Sig 226 with night sights and 5 factory 15rd mags this Sunday for $425.  The seller is even going to deliver it to me at the job and throw in a box of Federal +P+ 9mm.

Damn.... now I feel like I got taken for a ride

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 12:47:05 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Not a bad price at all.

Damn.... now I feel like I got taken for a ride

thanks,
Ron

Don't feel bad.  I still think you are getting a pretty decent deal on a West German stamped Sig.  I just got lucky on my deal.  The seller dropped his price $75.  For some reason, I was debating between the Sig and a Beretta 92FS he had for the same price.  I know, need to kick myself in the ass for contemplating a Beretta over a Sig.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:59:05 PM EDT
[#10]
I picked my Sig P226 West German with a factory hicap for $496 from a loca shop.

She's in pristine condition and I picked it up in a hurry, knowing that what i had was a beauty that comes around not very often; i went back to the same place and he has two more, but more expensive and not in the same great shape mine is.

I think I might just pick another one up and have it refinished it in a satin finish. Just for shits and giggles.

I feel I made the right move.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top