Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2006 10:39:09 PM EDT
i'm looking to reduce the length of pull for the DA firing mode of my P229.

really, i'd just like the trigger to sit back a little further so i can get more finger leverage on it from its stationary position.

is the SIG short trigger advertised on their site worth it?  or are there other options to reducing the stiffness of the DA pull of this particular model.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:14:38 AM EDT
[#1]
I think you will find the short trigger to be exactly what you need.  I think they are worth the price and it does decrease the reach to the trigger in DA mode.  
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:20:21 PM EDT
[#2]
easy enough to install myself or should i take it to a smith.

i've built a stripped AR lower w/ RRA 2 stage w/ no problem, if that's enough experience to take down an reassemble the sig properly for the short trigger.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:04:18 PM EDT
[#3]
You should be able to swap triggers yourself in about 15-20 minutes the first time. I put a short trigger in my 226 the other night. Feel free to email me for good detailed instructions.

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:06:30 AM EDT
[#4]
I am kind of interested in this can you post the instructions?  
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:02:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Another source is Chris Orndorff's Armorers DVD. He instructs how to make the trigger change along with complete diassembly. We carry the DVD and the short triggers.

Tom
Top Gun Supply

www.topgunsupply.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top