Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2006 9:04:13 AM EDT
I have got the sickness......

Friday night my dad came home with a P220 and gave it to me!

I absolutly LOVE it. Im hooked.

The only other pistol caliber I have fired was 9mm and all I have to say is .45 is great, I accually did better with the Sig than a HP.

Are there any must haves that I should get for it? It did come with 1 extra Mec-Gar mag, so I will be getting more mags any place you would like to point me?

Thanks in advance!
Carter.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:41:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Possibly a set of night sights. Sig P220 is awesome! Best Sig of them all in my opinion. It'll keep the Boogey Man at bay.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:05:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I shot my P220 for the first time this last weekend and I also did better with it than I have any other handgun I've ever shot.  It's a P220 stainless and is a heavy mother but I love this pistol.  My only regret is that I didn't buy it brand new.  Not that this used one sucks, because it's far from that, but simply because one in mint condition would be nice to have.  I really really like this pistol.

It's funny going from shooting the P220 to shooting the Beretta 92FS (which I also really like) to shooting the H&K USPC 9mm (ok, I like this one too).  I go from heavy, to lighter with no recoil to even lighter with heavier recoil.

The P220 is a winner for me.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:32:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:28:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Excellent shooter!
+1 on more mags and night sights.
Good Luck with it!
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:24:12 PM EDT
[#5]
A venerable classic.

Buy more mags from topgunsupply.com.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:29:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Sig manufactures rubber base pads for the p220 and conversion kits to turn your mag into an 8 rounder.. different spring and follower... I've had a half dozen mags set up this way for a few years.. they rock IMO
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:16:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Can anyone tell me, why is the SIG 220 frame so thick?  Even for a .45 ACP pistol, the magazine is still a single-stack, no?  I've always wanted to know this.

Thanks.

Justin

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:24:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Im thinking ts mainly the grips but it could be the frame........
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:11:42 PM EDT
[#9]
very nice i would go with the new sights like others have said
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top