Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2006 10:00:12 PM EDT
I have the opportunity to purchase a Sig 239 that comes with both the .40 and .357 SIG barrels (I think it is the Oct 05 limited edition P239 Combo) for $600.  My question is how reliable is it to switch out the barrels and is that a good price for that gun.? I have a concern with how many rounds that gun can hold being a single stag mag.  Are there high cap mags available for this gun?

Thanks for any input you guys can provide.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:24:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, its a good price unless its all beat to shit, and yes, converting calibers is completely reliable.  Mag capacity is 7.  On P239's (different from other Sigs with this option) you need caliber specific mags, ie .40 mags won't work well with .357 ammo.  On P229's and P226's this isn't an issue.  I don't know of any higher capacity mags.  If you need more than 7+1, get a P229
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:03:47 PM EDT
[#2]
+1
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:47:07 PM EDT
[#3]
It's a great little gun.

But if you want more round capacity get something bigger.

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:33:03 AM EDT
[#4]
I have that very setup for a cary weapon, bought the .357 originally for $525 or something like that and then purchased the .40 barrel so I spent more then you will.  The barrels swith is easy and reliable the only difference is the .40 feels like shooting a pea shooter compared to the .357.  Its a pretty cool setup.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:22:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Its a great gun and my favorite carry. Should have no problems switching barrels.
Most important factor is to practice!!
If your thinking that you may miss, then where will the shot go?  MUCH shooting and Dry Fire practice will GREATLY reduce the probability of missing your target.
If your really want more capacity think about a 229.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top