Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2006 9:06:11 PM EDT
After shooting a friends 2022, I've decided my next pistol has to be a SIG, are the factory certified pre owned a good deal or are they hit & miss?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:07:27 PM EDT
[#1]
From other folks' reviews I've read, I'd say pretty much a hit.  Plus, they come with 1 year warranty on them too.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:32:46 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't own one but have heard only good things about them.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:29:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Absolutely without question a hit, an excellent deal on perhaps the most accruate service pistols out of the box.  Go Sig CPO and dont look back.  My 1998 P226 CPO is fantastic, i have had it for a year, put nearly 1500 rds thru it, not a single FTF, FTE or anything else.  Dead on accurate.  Easy to clean.  I really shouldnt have to sell you on them.  Just know that the CPO is not some scam, its probably the best deal in town, plus a 1 year warranty.  Cant beat it.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:12:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Awesome thanks for the input
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:40:20 AM EDT
[#5]
OrdnanceOutsellers.com has good prices on CPO's as well as NIB SP2022's.  Either one are fantastic values.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:47:03 AM EDT
[#6]
I purchased (3) SIG CPO pistols last year -- a P226R in 357SIG, a P229R in .40S&W and a P229R in 9mm.  All my CPO's have been in excellent condition.  The P226R had some slide wear, but absolutely no internal wear.  The P229R in .40S&W had some slight internal wear.  Nothing big, just looked like a couple of hundred rounds have been shot through it.  My P229R in 9mm had absolutely no wear whatsoever!  

In my humble opinion, the CPO pistols are the best deal on the market!  I would not hesitate to buy another one.  When I start looking for a P226 in 9mm, a CPO would be my first choice.  Good luck with your search!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:09:10 PM EDT
[#7]
I have sold many Sig CPO's and they all look new. The only thing that is a hit or miss are the magazines. Some sigs come with new mags, some come with used mags, and some come with mixed mags. Other than that I would not look back and go CPO. I actually got a P239 last week that I had to double check that is was used because it was mint and came with all new mags as well. I may keep this one! Good Hunting!
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:40:38 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a 1990 P226 CPO and it looks unissued. No smiles on the barrel, finish is 100%, and no wear of any sort on the frame rails. The mags were used though and one is marked with a number, but that is ok, this is a shooter, not a safe queen.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 1:47:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Paid 475.00 for my CPO 226, best deal in town, pistol in beautiful condition.  I'll be buying another CPO Sig one of these days.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 1:55:41 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
OrdnanceOutsellers.com has good prices on CPO's as well as NIB SP2022's.  Either one are fantastic values.

James is a #1 type of guy. He has sold me 3 guns so far, and next week, it'll be number 4. The 220ST he sold me was terrific, and I'll be getting a CPO 226 next.

Ordnance Outsellers
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 1:57:41 PM EDT
[#11]
I've owned several Sigs Great Guns , I got a Sig 226 I've had since 1988 , Love it, no problems
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:50:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Factory certified, make sure they have blue tape around them.  I have seen too many "factory certified" Sigs at gun shows without it.  After a few questions, they suddenly become "like factory certified, gunshop/gunsmith did the work".

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:54:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Do not, I repeat, do not under any circumstances buy one of these so called CPO Sigs....
I'm trying to keep all of them for myself...
Seriously, they are the best deal on slightly used pistols around.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:44:05 PM EDT
[#14]
The CPOs are great deals. And here's another vote for Ordnance Outsellers. They had a slight mix-up and delayed shipping of the P229 for like two weeks. What do they do? Throw in a pair of FREE installed night sights!

One thing I will warn you about though (and this seems to be somewhat common amongst CPO Sig users): it seems Sig puts on some sort of new black finish on the guns to cover the worn spots, and this finish will itself wear out very quickly. So, you will probably be thinking "wow, it looks absolutely brand new!" when you open it, but just be prepared for that to change somewhat.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:56:12 PM EDT
[#15]
I have sold tons of the CPO's as well as department trades, I own 3 of them, 220, 226, and 229. No problems at all, and yes most of the time they have very little wear on them, by far the best deal, since most are priced at less than $475.

You won't be dissapointed.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:42:36 PM EDT
[#16]
CDNN investments has used SIG's for the best price east/west of the Pecos.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top