Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/13/2006 5:45:17 PM EDT
Does anyone know how the Sig pro compares to the 226. I know the bbl length is different and it is polymer. Is it as accurate? Does it take the same mags? Let me know what you guys think.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:49:58 PM EDT
[#1]
The Sig Pro has a decent, smooth trigger pull, the mags are not interchangable with a P226, and the one I own is very accurate.  The Sig Pro is an excellent weapon for the money, though I do prefer my Sig P226 and P229 purely from a point of feel.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:57:25 PM EDT
[#2]
It doesn't.  Yes it is accurate.  It takes different magazines.  If you want a classic get the SIG P226.  If you want an even better P226 find a vintage one, German proof marked.  If you are after a polymer framed pistol then look into the Sig Pro.   This pistol line is just as good as the rest of the SIG pistols.  

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:13:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I have Sig Pro and I think you'd better go the P226 route due to a couple of reasons.

1. depreciation--SP depreciates like crazy.
2. more gadgets and accessories available for P226.

The benefits of Sig Pro is likewise:

1. really really cheap if picked up used, and probably won't get cheaper than what you paid for.
2. less gadgets mean you won't buy high tech useless ninja toys
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top