Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/13/2006 5:42:45 PM EDT
Does anyone know how the Sig pro compares to the 226. I know the bbl length is different and it is polymer. Is it as accurate? Does it take the same mags? Let me know what you guys think.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 3:30:28 PM EDT
[#1]
www.praxagora.com/lunde/SigProFAQ/

Accurate and concise.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:01:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I do know that the Sig Pro frame isnt as strong as the 226.  Stainless on the 226 and carbon fiber on the Pro.  We had a person come in with a Pro having blown out the side of the frame from shooting Atlanta Arms .40 caliber.  I myself own a 226 and cant be happier with it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 12:20:31 PM EDT
[#3]
get the Sig Pro, you wont be sorry. Great pistol....can take on a p226 anyday
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 12:23:00 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I do know that the Sig Pro frame isnt as strong as the 226.  Stainless on the 226 and carbon fiber on the Pro.  We had a person come in with a Pro having blown out the side of the frame from shooting Atlanta Arms .40 caliber.  I myself own a 226 and cant be happier with it.

A Sig kaboom? Can't be
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:32:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey MCO119 - do you own a SIG pro?  You say it can take on a p226 anyday - do you own both?  Or have you shot both?  If so I am sure deciding between these two guns really could help the original poster make his decision.  Are you getting similar shotgroups between the pro and the 226?  How is the felt recoil different between the two guns?  Or how about the craftsmenship of the guns?  Is the pro still made with the same amount of care and expertise as the 226?  

Thanks for your help, I am sure we all appreciate your experience.  

-Phil
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:18:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Once you black SIG, you won't go back.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:26:44 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
How is the felt recoil different between the two guns?    
-Phil

None, zip, nada.  All good sized semiautos on 9mm diets have virtually the same boring mild recoil.  I see felt recoil change only if I change ammo to +P, then there's ever so slightly more kick, but not much if at all.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:30:12 PM EDT
[#8]
If you get the SigPro, you will wish you got the 226 instead.  Just get the 226 and don't look back.  There's nothing wrong with the SigPro, but the 226 is just an all-around better gun.  And no, the  mags are not interchangeable.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 4:39:30 PM EDT
[#9]
There is no comparison.  The Sigpro was SIGs attempt to compete with the Glock.

Joe
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:36:30 AM EDT
[#10]
The P226's stock frame is aluminum not steel. The P226ST is all steel. The SigPro, I owned one, is built as well as any Sig. I prefer the Classics because it's my personal choice and they are a lot easier to disassemble. This is the first time I've heard of a Sig Kaboom and with supplied link I would entertain it. Without a link, it's hearsay.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 11:37:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Anyone who says a SigPro is just Sig trying to compete with Glock has never shot one, and probably never handled one.  From an accuracy and reliabilty standpoint, Pro's are EVERY BIT what a classic Sig is.  I'd put a SigPro up against ANY Glock, USP, SW99, XD, etc, any day of the week.  Classic Sigs fit my hand slightly better than the Pro's do, but the Pro I had had a much nicer trigger, and was just as accurate.  And they can be had $500 NIB with night sights, which is a steal.

Only thing about the Pro I could find fault with is the slighty cumbersome takedown (which most pistols have compared to classic sigs), and the plastic frame MIGHT not be as durable as the aluminum on the classics.  I'm 99% sure that I could put my P228 on a rock, run over it five or six times with my Jeep, and though scratched up, it would still shoot just fine.  I don't know if a Pro could stand up to that or not.  Since there's only one person on the board abusing their pistol that bad (Hi Bigbore!) then thats probably a completly moot point.  I do believe that a Pro would do find covered in mud/sand/camel shit/etc...  
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:14:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Here is a comparison between the pro and the 229.

I have a 226 and am waiting for a pro 2009 I bought in the EE. When I get it I'll do some side-by-side testing and try to post pics. May be a while before I get to the range, though.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:20:04 PM EDT
[#13]
I own both a sig pro-40 and a p226-9mm  and I have had a p229-9mm the mags do not interchange they are both good  weapons; I think the grip on the sig pro is some were in between the 226 and 229 and makes for a good size gun for both duty and CCW  

If I had to pick one it would be my 226-9mm just due to the fack that I like it a little better not that I am looking to part with my sigpro I like it as well but if i had to choose that would be my pick.

you would be well served by eather one but if you have the meanes I highly suggest the 226
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top