Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2006 5:57:42 PM EDT
I got rid of my officers size 1911 (ccw gun) because it just wasn't reliable 100% of the time.  I picked up a Sig 229R with the DAK trigger this weekend at the gunshow in Houston.  This gun is incredible.  
Fits great in the hand and it was perfect even during the initial first couple of hundred rounds.  Its got decent night sights (I miss my Meprolights) better capacity and it shot really good groups.

I was able to pick up both the .40 cal and .357 sig barrels with the gun as well.  The trigger is a little longer than I'm used to, but it was consistent and crisp.

Just wanted to share my excitement.  

BTW: I've been carrying it around all weekend and I'm able to conceal it quite well.

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:58:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Go take out a second mortgage, it all goes down hill from here...
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:18:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Wait till you try a 220.  My duty weapon is a 228 and my off duty is a 239.  I love Sigs.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:35:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Good choice.  I like my P229 a lot.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:43:57 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I got rid of my officers size 1911 (ccw gun) because it just wasn't reliable 100% of the time.

Hmm, I mentioned the same thing some time ago I do believe on another thread.

I had purchased a Colt Officers model in 1986 and had nothing but problems with the pistol.

Still wanting a .45 caliber pistol that was reliable the gun store salesman told me to purchase a Sig P220.

I scoffed at the asking price and told him "No way".

Salesman told me if I truly wanted a .45 caliber pistol that worked all the time the P220 was in his opinion the best bet at the time.

I took the plunge and to this day have not been disappointed.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:44:42 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Go take out a second mortgage, it all goes down hill from here...hr

You werent kidding...I'm already looking at full size Sigs. These things are as addictive as ARs
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:01:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Congratulations on your new 229R!
IMO the 229 is the best General Purpose gun and is my favorite for self defense.
Try a 226ST or a 220ST. Stainless Sigs give another dimension to shooting fun! Good Luck with your 229R!
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:43:38 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Congratulations on your new 229R!
IMO the 229 is the best General Purpose gun and is my favorite for self defense.
Try a 226ST or a 220ST. Stainless Sigs give another dimension to shooting fun! h

Thanks! I'm pretty excited...I'll probably get the 226 next but I think I'll have to get my wife something small in 9mm first.  

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 11:22:11 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Thanks! I'm pretty excited...I'll probably get the 226 next but I think I'll have to get my wife something small in 9mm first.  
hr

Maybe she could try a 239 9mm. It fits my wife's hands quite well..
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 2:23:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Sounds familiar. I got my 229 in .40 and 3 weeks later I was getting a 226 Navy. It is addictive. Maybe a 239 or a 220 next
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 12:40:17 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I picked up a Sig 229R with the DAK trigger this weekend at the gunshow in Houston.  This gun is incredible.  
I was able to pick up both the .40 cal and .357 sig barrels with the gun as well.  The trigger is a little longer than I'm used to, but it was consistent and crisp.
hr

home!
I had hoped to get  a P226R 357 with NS.  I only saw one at the show.
Maybe there's hope for me at the HGCA show in 3 weeks.

Also, I saw your earlier post. RE: the long trigger reset....... the TX DPS now uses the P226 .357 and most of the guys that shoot a lot, like the short trigger in the P226. You might try that. I plan to try one  when I pick up one.  Brownell's has them. Not sure on how difficult they are the change out. Check out the sigarms.com site and click on accessories to see the difference in the triggers.

Enjoy !
Jay
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:06:26 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I picked up a Sig 229R with the DAK trigger this weekend at the gunshow in Houston.  This gun is incredible.  
hr

home!Is it one of the homeland defense ltd ed's?
Not HS Edition, but I think it has all the same goodies (i.e. night sights -front and rear)

I had hoped to get  a P226R 357 with NS.  I only saw one at the show.
Maybe there's hope for me at the HGCA show in 3 weeks.

Also, I saw your earlier post. RE: the long trigger reset....... the TX DPS now uses the P226 .357 and most of the guys that shoot a lot, like the short trigger in the P226. You might try that.
I'm looking at them now.  Do you know if this trigger is compatable with the DAK system?  How is the reliability?
I plan to try one  when I pick up one.  Brownell's has them. Not sure on how difficult they are the change out. Check out the sigarms.com site and click on accessories to see the difference in the triggers.

Enjoy !
Jay

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top