Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/25/2005 10:10:52 PM EDT
I want to buy a 9mm and think a used P226 would be perfect.
I have read the positive reports for the CDNN police trade-ins, but was wondering if a CPO Sig would be worth the extra 75 dollars?

Thanks for your opinions.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 10:34:08 PM EDT
[#1]
If I were looking for a used 9MM SIG 226 I would look for an all carbon steel, West German stamped slide with the checkered grips.  Just saw a beautiful one at the local gun shop but I already have two 226 9MMs.

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 1:55:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 6:14:12 AM EDT
[#3]
James of

Is raved about on SigForum.com
100's if not 1,000's of people have purchased from him.  He's got great deals and would be worth a very hard look.

ordnanceoutsellers.com/page1.htm

$465 for P226 CPO

$0.02
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:05:40 AM EDT
[#4]
This past fall I bought a CDNN police trade in P226 with night sights.  $349.99 + $20 for the night sights.  Worst shooting pistol I’ve ever owned!  12” high, 3” left at 25 yards as it came from CDNN.  It’s the pistol not me.  My P228 (new from CDNN) shoots great.  To get this gun to shoot straight so far it has cost me: $15 for a sight set, and $90 for the sight tool.  It would have been cheaper to get a CPO.  Also, the pistol had a department serial number etched into the frame.  It looked like crap.  

You could get lucky (as many have) and get a great trade in.  Almost everything I’ve read about others experiences with trade ins has been positive.  Another option CDNN has is the “new with tiny blemishes” for $499.  I’d rather have new than used any day.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:45:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Hey thanks for the replies fellas.  Spaatz, sorry to hear about your bad experience, I won't buy from CDNN because with my luck I would get a bad one like you.  I think the extra money is worth not having to gamble for a good pistol.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 11:27:58 AM EDT
[#6]
What's a CPO?

TIA
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 1:20:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Certified Pre Owned, factory refurbished
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 1:25:50 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Certified Pre Owned, factory refurbished

Gotcha, thanks!
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 2:17:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Certified Pre-Owned

I've gotten 2 of my 4 SIGs from James at Ordnance Outsellers; a 226 .40 CPO and NIB.  Always a pleasure to deal with him.  He offers discounts / deals for retired or AD military and LE.

eta: Oh, and he mostly (only?) sells Grade 1 CPOs in the red box.  My .40 had not been shot and the innards still coated with cosmoline.  For just a tad more than NIB price there were only a couple of minor frame blemishes which were quickly eliminated with some Birchwood Casey Aluminum Black.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:51:30 AM EDT
[#10]
One more question.  If I order from the ordnance outsellers website will I be charged Texas sales tax once it arrives at the FFL on top of the FFL fee?
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:32:38 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
One more question.  If I order from the ordnance outsellers website will I be charged Texas sales tax once it arrives at the FFL on top of the FFL fee?

Not if you live in OK you won't.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 5:23:41 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

You shouldn't.  Here in NV, state sales tax is only charged on the FFL and background check.  
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 1:29:31 PM EDT
[#13]
I've purchases 2-Sig 220's and they were both great shooting pistols.  I went for the 226 recently and I recieved a pistol that was in horrible shape.  The CDNN rep. told me it was in good condition but I wasn't to happy with the "condition" of the pistol at all.  It was major wear on the entire pistol and the grips were in horrible condtion.  I paid extra for night sites and they were very banged up and not very visible in the dark.  Luckily I have a great dealer who didn't hold be to the pistol and he agreed to return it on his next shipment to CDNN.  I was able to buy a used but very excellent SIG 228 instead.  

I would buy from CDNN again in the future though.  This was justy my first bad pistol from them.

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:19:14 PM EDT
[#14]
I bought a used G17 from Keith at CDNN.  Awesome deal.  I would shop CDNN again.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top