Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/22/2005 5:46:40 PM EDT
Well, after stripping the Sig down as far as I had the balls to do, and cleaning everything meticulously and oiling the living daylights out of the rails, I managed to fire off 300 rounds.  Slide locked back every time but one that was clearly my fault.

I did notice that the gun is ammo sensitive though.  I decided to mix some ammunition in magazines, and could feel a difference in the felt recoil from the different rounds.

Didn't really test for accuracy, as my main goal for the trip was to confirm that the slide lock did or did not work.

Oh well, I'm happy.  For a range gun that will get cleaned thoroughly and lubed up with probably no more than 500 rounds down the pipe at one time, it works.

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:52:07 PM EDT
[#1]
mosquito?
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:53:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Glad you got it figured out and that its working for you.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 6:35:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I had the same issue when I first got my Sig P226 about a year ago. I did everything possible, I had it to gunsmiths, etc. Eventually it just started working right. I don't know what happened or how it fixed itself, but I have never had an issue since.

And yes, ammo sensitive is putting it lightly. I cringe whenever someone hands me Blazers.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 2:12:00 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I had the same issue when I first got my Sig P226 about a year ago. I did everything possible, I had it to gunsmiths, etc. Eventually it just started working right. I don't know what happened or how it fixed itself, but I have never had an issue since.

And yes, ammo sensitive is putting it lightly. I cringe whenever someone hands me Blazers.

wow really?
I know its a different weapon but my buddies 220Sport in Stainless will chew thru everything we load into like..just like my Fullsized USP .45 blazer,federal,WWB,speer,wolf,S&B etc
the ONLY bullets his pistol and mine will not chew thru is the remington hollowpoints in the bulk box. neither his P220 or my USP will feed it reliably. its weird both him and me get a FTF at the same time..every second round.
so we dont even buy it anymore and just stick to whatever we have on hand ha ha

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:30:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Glad that its sorted itself out for you.  Yours is a CPO if I remember, so it very well could have had new parts put in that weren't broken in yet.  I've only used WWB in my P228, but its never had any type of failure that couldn't be directly attributed to Promag magazines.  Clean it, give it a little lube, and shoot 2-3k rounds through it.  Call it a poormans trigger job
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:41:13 AM EDT
[#6]
I'll NEVER understand the Sig loyalty.  I own a few.  But failures to lock back and light primer strikes combined with the general OVERLY COMPLICATED DESIGN of the pistol, prevent me from carrying one.

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:54:07 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I'll NEVER understand the Sig loyalty.  I own a few.  But failures to lock back and light primer strikes combined with the general OVERLY COMPLICATED DESIGN of the pistol, prevent me from carrying one.

Can you explain that one to me?  It might be a bit complicated if you get down to the armorer's level but at the user level I can't think of a pistol that is easier to operate.  Well, wait, maybe a Glock.  Let me revise my statement, I can't think of a pistol that is easier to operate *safely*.  MJD
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:29:18 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Can you explain that one to me?  It might be a bit complicated if you get down to the armorer's level but at the user level I can't think of a pistol that is easier to operate.  Well, wait, maybe a Glock.  Let me revise my statement, I can't think of a pistol that is easier to operate *safely*.  MJD

You got it, Baby!

Here's my guage for an estimate on how complex a weapon is....

HAND IT TO A CHICK, and Have here tell you how it works.  If you think a chick can explain a Sig to you within a half an hour after giving it to her, You're nuts!  (I'm not talking about the female impersonators on this site mind you..  Real Chicks, Man)

Now if you hand a chick a glock or a revolver, for example, she could probably figger out how to operate the thing with no help from YOU!

I watched a broad in one of my intermediate or advanced Pistol classes freeze up on a timed drill!  She was pushing the decocker on the sig thinking it was the mag release.  She totally blew the drill as she pressed and pressed on that decocker for like 10+ seconds.  This was HER OWN weapon.  And the simple stress from timing the drill screwed her up.  Imaging the stress of a real shooting.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:46:39 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You got it, Baby!

Here's my guage for an estimate on how complex a weapon is....

HAND IT TO A CHICK, and Have here tell you how it works.  If you think a chick can explain a Sig to you within a half an hour after giving it to her, You're nuts!  (I'm not talking about the female impersonators on this site mind you..  Real Chicks, Man)

Now if you hand a chick a glock or a revolver, for example, she could probably figger out how to operate the thing with no help from YOU!

I watched a broad in one of my intermediate or advanced Pistol classes freeze up on a timed drill!  She was pushing the decocker on the sig thinking it was the mag release.  She totally blew the drill as she pressed and pressed on that decocker for like 10+ seconds.  This was HER OWN weapon.  And the simple stress from timing the drill screwed her up.  Imaging the stress of a real shooting.

Well said.  I can understand this completely, matter of fact, I had that experience not 1 week ago.  A good friend's girlfriend wanted to see my Sig 220 and had no clue how to operate it.  Fortunately I had already cleared it.  She couldn't figure out why the slide wouldn't release, and it was because she pressed the decocker instead.  I guess it really all gets back to train, train, train and then train some more.  MJD
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:39:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Funny, my handicaped mother did just fine with my P225, during her quals.  She knew that the slide lock isnt really for releasing the slide anyway, which is why she "slingshoted" the slide on the next mags.

I'm loyal to this brand because its saved my life, twice.

Its saved my moms life, twice.

Thats all the reason I need.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top