Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/18/2005 5:28:34 AM EDT
Anybody picked one up? I am thinking of ordering one of the used ones with night sites in .40.  I would also be interested in good sources for high cap mags, and where I can order a .357sig barrel cheap. Thanks.

This is going to be my first Sig. I own H&Ks, and Glock but have held off on .40. Alot of the agencies I work with have this pistol and I have been enjoying shooting it. Plus I will have access to lots of .40 and .357 ammo!!
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:02:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I would not buy a used one from CDNN without inspecting it first, IMHO.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 11:14:06 AM EDT
[#2]
I checked with my local dealer also my FFL he agreed. They are offering $20 to hand pick but we did not even call to find out how many they are picking from. I am going to wait and get a new one in a month or so.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 1:25:47 PM EDT
[#3]
CDNN has some advertised in SGN as "new with minor flaws".  Any thoughts on those?  

ETA: The price was a lot less than regular new ones. Somewhere in the $400~ range. Seemed like a good deal.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:05:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I have gotten five Sigs from CDNN 229, 228, 226 in 40,225, and a Sig Pro.  I am going to order another 226 in 9mm soon.  I sent one back the 226 in 40 and they squared it away very quickly.  CDNN is the best site going.  Go to the SIG forum for a lot of info.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:13:51 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I have gotten five Sigs from CDNN 229, 228, 226 in 40,225, and a Sig Pro.  I am going to order another 226 in 9mm soon.  I sent one back the 226 in 40 and they squared it away very quickly.  CDNN is the best site going.  Go to the SIG forum for a lot of info.

Did you send it back because it had some undesirable flaws? I'm wondering what the "new with tiny blems" will look like.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:42:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Thats good info. I was concerned I would be getting the training pistols sold off from an acedemy or something similiar. I will hold off a little while and just go for new. Piece of mind, especially because I will use it for carry as well.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 8:14:00 AM EDT
[#7]
I just bought a 229 357Sig caliber, and while I haven't shot it yet it looks fine save a little holster wear.  The funny thing is, Sig last summer offered a trade in deal to my LEO department, and a lot of officers traded in their personal weapons and with boot money bought a new Sig.  I learned just yesterday that some of the guns CDNN's selling as LE trade ins came from my department.  These were personal weapons, and many many were only shot for qualification.
I have no complaints about CDNN
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 1:01:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Check out Ordnance Outsellers for CPO Sigs. They are highly spoken of over at Sig Forum.com and have good prices. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a CPO Sig and save $200-300 over new.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 1:34:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 1:55:05 PM EDT
[#10]
I just got back from the range shooting my recently (this week) CDNN purchased Sig 229.  It shot fine, was accurate, and was easy to dance to.
No complaints.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 8:29:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Just got mine Monday 12/19/05. 229 blackend stainless 357. sig W/night sights. Very nice. I fired 200 flawless rounds through it. Its a keeper.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:52:00 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Check out Ordnance Outsellers for CPO Sigs. They are highly spoken of over at Sig Forum.com and have good prices. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a CPO Sig and save $200-300 over new.

+1 great guy to deal with.

I see this guys also has:

LEOs and Military will receive SIGLite nightsights (installed) and three magazines for any SIG purchase for no additional charge, provided the purchaser can supply a copy of his or her military/LE ID.

(Does not apply to sale SIGs or Unique SIGs)

Now you guys are all making me rethink spending the cash on a 229 again!!!
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:13:01 PM EDT
[#13]
IM Teknic (he is an Industry Partner) and see what he has.  Ordnance Outsellers also good.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:43:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Well Well Well look what I found. on sigs web site!

How do I know I’m getting a Factory Certified Pre-Owned SIG SAUER?

Our Factory Certified Pre-Owned pistols now ship with a blue grip band identifying it as a Certified Pre-Owned SIG SAUER. Some pistols have already shipped without these grip bands so look in the pistol box for the owner’s manual. If it is stamped “PRE-OWNED” in red and comes with the blue SIGARMS cable lock then you know it is one of ours. You will also find our standard “STOP” tag instructing the owner to read the owner’s manual. This “STOP” tag will also be stamped “PRE-OWNED” in red on the back of the tag.

WoW that is what mine had. Owners manual & “STOP” tag stamped PRE-OWNED . Also came with the blue SIGARMS cable lock.

Mine is in Excelent cond, and was only $389 + $10 for night sights from CDNN.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 3:31:47 PM EDT
[#15]
go to cheaper than dirt for sig factory barrels. Good prices for new barrels
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 3:43:14 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I checked with my local dealer also my FFL he agreed. They are offering $20 to hand pick but we did not even call to find out how many they are picking from. I am going to wait and get a new one in a month or so.

Heard someone joking when I was shopping at a distrubutors retail store in NJ. His comment was something about charging extra for hand picking! " We pick all the guns by hand" " Some just pay us more to do it"

I don't know if this is any different. Maybe if they graded them in batches.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top