Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2005 5:02:23 PM EDT
 Im looking to buy a new handgun. I want a smaller sized gun for CC if i ever decide to. I was looking at a glock 19 but i really like the sigs. What would be a good smaller sized sig for me to buy. I want a rail and i really like the wood grips( i could get those later) . Trying to stay under $600 but not sure if i can, if i decide to go with a sig. Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 5:51:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Many gun shops that carry Sigs also carry factory refurbished Sigs that can run under $500.  The reconditioned ones will have a paper blue ribbon around the grip that says Sig Arms and honestly, they look about as good as the new ones.

A Sig 228 and 229 is the smallest current production double stack magazine Sig in 9mm up.  A 228 is a stamped steel version (some like it better) which is lighter than the milled 239.

Sig 239 is the smallest in 9mm up, but it's a single stack mag.  Makes it easier to conceal carry but you lose a few rounds in capacity.  

I have a Sig 226 in 9mm and it's one of my favorites for bedroom gun and range gun.   Sigs are known for exceptional accuracy.  But it's a full size.

Then you have the whole Sig Pro line, which cost less but are polymer framed, like a Glock.

I conceal carry a Kahr PM9 in 9mm most of the time and I think that's probably the last conceal carry gun I'll need to buy.  It fits the bill for me perfectly.  I found it for $500 new.

Also in my conceal carry options is a Glock 29 in 10mm.  I carry that outside the waistband holster in the winter when I can wear a jacket, but it's nowhere near as carry friendly as the Kahr.  Glocks are fat (thick) pistols with their double stack magazine grips.

Link Posted: 12/13/2005 5:58:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the good info. How much does the 228 and 229 cost in 9mm?
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 6:05:41 PM EDT
[#3]
The 228 runs less.  I've seen them new for about $600 - 650 around here.

A 229 will probably run anywhere from $650 to $750 depending where you shop.

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:03:29 AM EDT
[#4]
The 239, although single stack, is Great for carry..
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:25:05 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The 228 runs less.  I've seen them new for about $600 - 650 around here.

A 229 will probably run anywhere from $650 to $750 depending where you shop.

Check into CPO (Certified Pre Owned) SIGs, they are much cheaper but have a factory warranty.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top