Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2005 9:09:58 AM EDT

For my 220.  (at least for the slide)

This is my backpacking carry gun, so it sees quite a bit of inclement weather. I'm looking for a bullet proof finish as far as not wanting to have to keep it oiled and some good wear properties. (rides in a Fobus all the time).

I really just want to send the slide, the frame is fine, plus it will keep me from having to ship fedex overnite. (since it's just a part)

TIA
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 2:46:14 PM EDT
[#1]
http://www.trippresearch.com/chrome/chrome.htm

They do good work and chrome is good for the elements.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 3:23:46 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
http://www.trippresearch.com/chrome/chrome.htm

They do good work and chrome is good for the elements.

H'mm, never gave hard chrome much thought. I'm not into "shiney" But, I could probably live with it in  in a satin.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:34:38 AM EDT
[#3]
I couldn't think of these guys website yesterday but they do good work as well. They did a P226 slide for me a while back and it was real nice. I had the brushed finish and it wasn't too shiny. It didn't reflect light anyways.
http://www.apwcogan.com/
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 9:33:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Metalife by Meshovsky(I think that's it).  Had a slide and internals done on a Sig P-245 for about $110.  + shipping.  Matte finish. and they are in Reno, PA. I think.  Had work done a few years ago.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 9:34:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Give NP3 a look.  If you like two-tone of course.  :)

Forum Link of NP3 Job from Robar

(is a 220 made out of aluminum???)
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 9:39:13 AM EDT
[#6]
I'd reccomend Tripp Research "Cobra Chrome"   Had a Beretta elite done in that and it was absolutely bulletproof.  It's a very nice matte finish and extremely easy to clean.  MJD
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:57:46 AM EDT
[#7]
I really like Black-T by Walter Birdsong.  The finish doesn't "wear" as well as hard chrome from a cosmetic standpoint but the corrosion resistance remains.  My P245:

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:04:40 AM EDT
[#8]
CCR Refinishing

These guys do great work and are pretty resonable.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 4:39:30 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
CCR Refinishing

These guys do great work and are pretty resonable.

Not on my gun they didnt.  They also dont feel the need to correct the work.  Also, they have a problem with keeping their dates set.  Oh, and they also tend to call people for a month, telling them their firearm was shipped each Wednsday.  I know I'm not the only one either.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top