Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/29/2005 11:04:47 AM EDT
Took the pistol to the range yesterday. Previously I had only fired about 100 rounds out of it, kind of slowly to get the feel for it. Nothing really serious, but just casual plinking.

Took about 250 rounds with me to the range yesterday to practice some holster draws and multiple target shots for Speed Steel practice.

Set up targets about 4 yards apart and at about 10 to 15 yards away.

I thought the DA first shot was gonna murder me on hitting that first target, but I was just as fast with it. The trigger pull is so smooth and consistent, it didn't skip a beat.

De-holstering the P229 is nice and easy and the sights come up dead on everytime. Can't say how much I love this gun. Just fits me.

Tried some one handed shooting and put 3 consecutive shots in the 10 ring.

I normally never go shooting alone for safety reasons, but all my friends bailed on me yesterday, so I ended up going to the range alone, but it was some quality bonding time with that little pistol. My confidence with it just went up 500%

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:01:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Great news.  I love my 229 also.  What holster so you use?

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:15:29 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Great news.  I love my 229 also.  What holster so you use?

I was using a universal hip holster, but I have a fitted hip holster shipping from blackhawk as we speak. It's the CQC w/o the retention. Gonna see if it works. It was 23$, and they have a money back guarantee. Being a college student, I was looking for the "best bang for buck" holster and that seemed to have the features I wanted with a decent price.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top