Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/25/2005 9:03:13 AM EDT
What is a "DAK" Model

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 9:16:08 AM EDT
[#1]
I believe it gives the same pull on the trigger for every shot, rather then going through a double action for the first round and single through the rest.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 11:34:36 AM EDT
[#2]
DAK stands for Double Action Kellerman (after the man who designed it ). It offers a consistent double action only trigger pull that is lighter than the traditional DA/SA Sigs.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:25:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Looking at the spec DAK is a lighter pull than a DAO, are they interchangeable? can you "polish the trigger component and get a light pull from the standard 6.5lb? newbie, I know

I'm also trying to find a link to do a complete strip down of  a P229DAK, can't seemed to find it anywhere! I don't want to start with a "exploding diagram" and THEN find out I should of push here not there  and do this first, don' t  do that stuff "

Link Posted: 10/1/2005 2:57:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I've heard GREAT things about this DVD.

Uber DVD for stripping Sig
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 3:42:38 PM EDT
[#5]
You can get a P226 Armorer manual at www.biggerhammer.net/ It should be 98% of your 229 DAK model.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:28:46 AM EDT
[#6]
thanks for the DVD/ manual recommendations

I dont' seem to have problem finding "FREE" complete stripdown on AR15, Glocks, Ruger 22s, Berretta 92, but when it comes to Sigs, all I can find is the company manual or shell out $ for what I"m sure great videos...

just wondering??
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 9:24:18 AM EDT
[#7]
The DAK is a DAO system that has a much lighter pull than traditional DAs. Also very smooth. There are 2 trigger reset points. The first is a shorter, heavier pull (yes, heavier). The second is the same length and weight as the first shot. DAKs have double strike capability. I've only put 300 rounds through my 229DAK. I like it but it'll take some getting used to. Pistol has run flawlessly so far. Don't quote me on the numbers, but I think I remember reading that the long pull is 6 pounds and the short is 8. Sorry, I don't have a trigger scale.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top